Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1696611
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 27, 2008 at 8:18am
See No Evil
No More Mr. Goodnight.

Well, to be honest, this DVD was bought chiefly because WWE Wrestler KANE was the star, and the missus loves wrestling.

Luckily, I was surprised to find I enjoyed the film - this may have something to do with the fact that Kane says nothing, just ominously strides around the dark hallways of the abandoned Hotel, gouging out the eyes of anything that moves. Mrs. Goodnight didn't raise no good boy, with Jacob - though .

And that's about it. The back-story is that a group of eight young offenders are sent to the Hotel to give it a good clean - Now, like with all good Horror B-movies, forget the facts; like it's a BIG hotel that's slimed in grime and dirt (a professional team wouldn't get this place clean, and would probably demo it and build new as it'd be cheaper) - and the copper that's watching over these community service workers is the same one who previously put a bullet in Jacob Goodnight four years earlier (Now isn't that unlucky? *Smile* ). But apart from the cliche's and the unbelievable (after all they're only there to keep the roller-coaster speeding along), it's the director's shots and the pace of the film which keep this going.

As mentioned in other parts of this forum, there's a tendency to rely on CGI too much - If it's used here, I didn't spot it, except for the one time and that just upset the film for me, a little; but since it's near the end, it wasn't a film stopper. Keeping the gore "real" is another plus factor for it keeps the film a little more believable.

All in all; if you have an hour and half to spare - this isn't a complete waste of time.

7/10

Come join me - We ALL float down here.
PENNYWISE.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
See No Evil · 03-27-08 8:18am
by Pennywise
Re: See No Evil · 03-27-08 3:20pm
by M. R. K

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1696611