Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1700046
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 1, 2008 at 6:48pm
Re: Re: How about the SAW movies?
M-R-K,

I have to say I agree with you - as I usually do on the Hollywoodland outlook towards money making movies - Lets make a sequel *Smile* seems to be the in chant to the producers and backers looking to make money off of us poor suckers which watch these movies.

Now again, I, like yourself have watched all the saw movies - I didn't even enjoy the first one, and I didn't watch them thinking, they can only get better. The only way I can describe SAW and the offshoots is as "The Car Crash Of Horror Films" - Technically they're not even horror - there's nothing paranormal or supernatural about them - there's no sign of the occult or devil worship. Only one sad psycho called John (and ain't that a name to strike fear into you - oh, no John's out to get you - gives new meaning to crapping in the John *Smile* ) and this puts it into thriller, just because it has gore, it doesn't make it horror. But they're like the accident on the side of the road that you HAVE to crane your neck to see if anybody is maimed or dead. It's a base compulsion - and I think the movie execs have tapped that vein, as they did a little bit with the Final Destination series (which are very much horror).

Having said all that, I will be craning my neck when the next installment plays on satellite.

And I have to agree with KM-Mystic Topaz the X-Files Rocked - I thought the monster that lived and attacked from the toilet was ingenious - they only thing that let it down was the later "Aliens - Missing Mulder" episodes. Though now I see they're not that scary anymore, as they're playing at four in the afternoon.

What other movies do you enjoy in the genre KM?

Come join me - We ALL float down here.
PENNYWISE - Stephen.
MESSAGE THREAD
How about the SAW movies? · 03-27-08 8:06pm
by Celticeagle/km2007
Re: How about the SAW movies? · 03-27-08 8:21pm
by M. R. K
*Star* Re: Re: How about the SAW movies? · 04-01-08 6:48pm
by Pennywise

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1700046