Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1701216
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1282022
Forum for all horror movie fans.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 3, 2008 at 6:58pm
Re: Black Christmas (original).
by M. R. K
I completely agree man. The original Black Christmas is definately one of the pioneers of both the slasher and horror genre's. I hate to think of it as a slasher film though, since most of those do usually turn out pretty terrible (but are still damn entertaining), so let's refer to it as a psychological thriller as you put it. That sounds much better *Smile*.

The phone calls were what did it for me to. Incredibly creepy. The only film that did creepy phone calls just as good or better was the original When a Stranger Calls, a film that I feel has one of the scariest first 20 minutes a horror film has ever had...but then becomes a let down.

The fact that you never see the killer was also pretty smart, and that last couple of minutes? I don't know if you could call it genius, but it certainly was creative.

I haven't seen the remake yet, little wary about that as I am with most remakes. Hopefully it won't be ALL bad.

I'm also hoping to get the film Them in the mail soon. Don't know if any of you have heard of it, but it's supposed to be one of the scariest films this year, so look for a post from me about that one soon.

Take care Pennywise and other friends in the dark. And heed what he said...watch this film with the lights out and the phone off the hook...

Your friend from the Abyss,

-Matt

When you look into the Abyss, the Abyss also looks into you

Your friend from the Abyss,

-Matt

When you look into the Abyss, the Abyss also looks into you

-Nietzsche

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1404674 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1405280 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
Black Christmas (original). · 04-03-08 6:17pm
by Pennywise
*Star* Re: Black Christmas (original). · 04-03-08 6:58pm
by M. R. K

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1701216