*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1717789
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 1, 2008 at 1:22pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Publishing
by Amarisa
Oh yes, I'm a stubborn writer when it comes to critiques from others that I know shouldn't be changed. And I usually IM or find some way to talk to the person as I'm reading over their comments/corrections. However, I'm good at taking constructive criticism. The person in question was a managing editor friend from another campus's literary magazine. She admitted that I was a better writer than she, but she's the one who helped me with the poem in question (the mediocre one). Would that, perhaps, have done it?

I want to get into a higher program (Pitt, Emerson, etc) but coming from a small school where my work ethic only kicked in within the past two years, I would probably need to get published to get any attention. I don't want to go to grad school from somewhere no one's heard of.

And amusingly, I actually do that when I read. "How am I any different? If they can get this published, then my stuff should be accepted. Oh, that's a good style, maybe I should try something like that." Things like that. That's why I consider reading and writing one-and-the-same when you're a writer by profession, cause you never stop learning no matter what you're doing.
MESSAGE THREAD
Publishing · 03-27-08 4:22pm
by Amarisa
Re: Publishing · 04-25-08 2:43pm
by Marcia Landa
Re: Re: Publishing · 04-28-08 12:23pm
by Amarisa
Re: Re: Re: Publishing · 04-28-08 1:03pm
by Liam Jackson
Re: Re: Re: Publishing · 05-01-08 12:09pm
by Lori Basiewicz
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Publishing · 05-01-08 1:22pm
by Amarisa

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1717789