*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1911983
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #430646
Actors, actresses, movies, TV -- It's the 'Golden Globe' of Writing.Com! Quill Nominee
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 20, 2009 at 4:13am
Movies I watched this weekend
I watched the following.

The Curious Case of Benjanim Button
Sam Lake
The Day the Earth Stood Still (the remake)
The Secret Life of Bees

Benjanim Button wasn't too bad. It's based on a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It will definetly hold your interest. Cate Blanchette was great. Brad Pitt was good too, and I don't even like him. Give this a chance and at least rent it.

Sam Lake was very good for a low budget horror movie. I'm a sucker for horror movies. This movie is supposedly based on a true story. I'm also a sucker for horror movies that are supposedly based on true stories. I would definetly recommend non horror movie fans to at least rent this one. Horror fans buy this one!

The Day the Earth Stood Still was okay, but I've seen the orignal. The orignal was much better in my opinion. Most of the time it's just wrong to mess with a classic. Keanu Reeves is definetly no Michael Remmie. Jennifer Connelly wasn't too bad, but doesn't quite compare to the acting talent of Patricia O'Neal. I would say rent this, but don't buy it.

The Secret Life of Bees was great. The whole cast was fabulous! Go ahead and buy this one! Warning: You will experience many emotions while watching this: anger, joy and sorrow. Be ready to get out the kleenex box!

I can't wait until next Wednesday night because the second season of Meet the Browns start on TBS 9:00pm central time zone. That show is hilarious! If you have not seen it, you must. Watch the movie by the same name too.

I plan on renting some more movies this coming weekend. I'm not sure what yet. I did buy an early 80's movie called Butterfly. I will tell y'all about it when I receive it from Amazon.com next week. I will probably watch Ladies in Lavender sometime today.

Be sure to check out my fan fiction contest.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1560581 by Not Available.

I've opened up a writing school too.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1560629 by Not Available.

Sister of Mercy
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Movies I watched this weekend · 05-20-09 4:13am
by very thankful
Re: Movies I watched this weekend · 05-20-09 11:43pm
by Maryann
Re: Re: Movies I watched this weekend · 05-20-09 11:54pm
by very thankful

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1911983