*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1912264
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #430646
Actors, actresses, movies, TV -- It's the 'Golden Globe' of Writing.Com! Quill Nominee
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 20, 2009 at 5:38pm
Re: Angels and Demons
by A Non-Existent User

I saw Angels and Demons the day it came out and let me tell you, I wasn't expecting much when I went in because Da Vinci code was not that awesome. But...I was completely surprised. I was so into it, it was definitely the best of the two movies. I was on the edge of my seat, in awe of the scenery and just the whole plot itself. I had started reading the book ages ago but never got a chance to finish it, and so I totally wasn't expecting that amazing plot twist. Ron Howard did such a fabulous job with setting it up and making sure we were caught off guard before revealing it to us. I think Tom Hanks also stepped up his game with the Robert Langdon character. A lot of people criticized his performance in Da Vinci Code as being corny and over done, but I think he really got into the character this time.

And can I just mention the music? The music is INCREDIBLE. I have the soundtrack, and it is the best writing music anyone could ask for. Hans Zimmer is a genius. I loved how the movie was based in Italy as well. I've been there once before and I absolutely adore that country...and where they were in the movie, I could actually point out and say hey...I've been there! I have been to the Vatican and St. Peters square and let me just say its just as beautiful in reality as it is in the movie. I'm sure they had to CGI the sistine chapel, but that's okay.

Anyway, wow, I didn't mean for this post to be so long! lol. But, you can tell that I really loved this movie. My favorite quote from the film was when the chief of the police told Robert "My church saves people, and feeds them when they're hungry, gives them shelter when they're homeless. What does your church do? That's right, nothing, because you don't have one." (or something like that, lol. must look up full quote!)

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Angels and Demons · 05-17-09 1:53pm
by Maryann
*Star* Re: Angels and Demons · 05-20-09 5:38pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Angels and Demons · 05-20-09 11:52pm
by Maryann
Re: Re: Angels and Demons · 06-03-09 3:19pm
by ~SilverMoon~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1912264