*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1984881
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #430646
Actors, actresses, movies, TV -- It's the 'Golden Globe' of Writing.Com! Quill Nominee
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 18, 2009 at 11:07pm
Where the Wild Things Are
by A Non-Existent User
Let me be the first to review this movie! yay!!

Where the Wild Things Are is directed by Spike Jonze and is based on the beloved children's book, Maurice Sendak. Keep in mind, this is a movie about a child, not a child's movie...as Spike Jonze said himself. Personally, younger kids 14 years and younger will not understand the true meaning of this film's interpretation of the book. It is geared toward more of the adults that have read this book ages and ages ago. There is innocence of the adventure, the wild rumpus of the wild things, and the love and dedication of the story. But, if you read into it more, the film presents political as well as religious ideas. If you're one of those people who interprate film through the script, etc, this is one of those movies and it is amazing.

Where the Wild Things Are centers around a boy named Max. he's got a very active imagination. He's pretty much what you'd categorize as a loner. His sister, Claire, is grown up and has a group of guy friends so she doesn't really pay attention to Max. Max's mom has a new boyfriend (played by Mark Ruffalo, who has one line). Max is one kid who, in the film, you wonder if he has ADD or is just a very angry kid. But after biting his mom, he runs away, finds a sailboat, and sails off on an adventure to the land of the Wild Things, where they crown him his King.

You all know the story, but really....I honestly recommend seeing this film. My friend Bri and I were in tears at the end. I also recently bought the soundtrack because the music was also brilliantly done by Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

So, obviously, my Grade for this movie is A.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Where the Wild Things Are · 10-18-09 11:07pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Where the Wild Things Are · 10-23-09 2:59pm
by Maryann
Re: Where the Wild Things Are · 11-19-09 1:37am
by very thankful

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1984881