*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2017518
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #430646
Actors, actresses, movies, TV -- It's the 'Golden Globe' of Writing.Com! Quill Nominee
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 31, 2009 at 2:55pm
Recent Flicks
by A Non-Existent User
I saw a couple of flicks recently on my holiday break.

The Princess and the Frog
- a wonderful 2d animated Disney film, a classic to be sure. I think, besides Emperor's New Groove, that this was one of the funniest disney animated films I've seen in a long time. I loved the culture aspect of it, how it centered around New Orleans and the music was fanastically done by Randy Newman before he died. It's not as racist as some may think, you have to go into the movie with an opened mind. The villiian is ridiculously scary for little kids though, since he is into voodoo and all that, but other than that, it was a very enjoyable film.

-- James Cameron has outdone himself with this movie. Did you know he wrote the script 15 years ago, and it took him 10 years to create? I did not see this movie in 3D, but I heard the 3D was magnificent. The story in itself is a wonderful message about corrupt government, imperialism, racism, and culture, etc. The CGI is some of the best I have ever seen in any film, and even the acting was fantastic. It is quite a long film, but it keeps your interest through the whole 2 1/2 hours.

Sherlock Holmes
-- Guy Ritichie's adaptation of the graphic Novels of Sherlock Holmes was also another wonderful movie to see. Again, you have to go into the film thinking it as just a film, not based on the regular books or anythign like that, or you might be disappointed. But Robert Downy Jr. and Jude Law have excellent chemistry on screen and Downy Jr. plays an awesome spastic Sherlock Holmes. Even Rachel McAdams had great chemistry with the two, and the story in itself was fun to watch as Sherlock guessed and pointed out clues. If you love old fashioned detective movies, watch Sherlock Holmes. Also, if you've ever seen RocknRolla, Guy Ritchie's other film, I suggest watching it. The script is fantastic, and hilarious, and has the same quick humor that RocknRolla does but of course in the 1700s, lol.

Anyway, I thought i'd share these three films, since I haven't posted here in awhile! *Bigsmile*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Recent Flicks · 12-31-09 2:55pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Recent Flicks · 12-31-09 5:46pm
by very thankful

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2017518