*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2235596
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Entertainment · #430646
Actors, actresses, movies, TV -- It's the 'Golden Globe' of Writing.Com! Quill Nominee
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 9, 2011 at 9:41pm
Re: Re: Movies for 2011?
you're probably not going to get a lot of mental stimulation but that's not what movies are for

I'm inclined to argue the point, albeit moreso in the winter than the summer. Most of the mentally stimulating movies I've seen do tend to be foreign flicks, although not all of them are typical art house faire. A good example of this is Out of the Blue. It's a New Zealand film actually made for the mainstream market based on a true event in the country's recent history. It's very haunting, understated and can get to you without your realizing it. As for American examples, some of my favorite mentally stimulating films include Traffic, Good Night and Good Luck, Hotel Rwanda and The Manchurian Candidate, among others. You will notice that none of those movies have happy endings. *Wink* The point is, there's not a whole lot grabbing my interest in either mainstream or indie markets. On the bright side, it gives me an opportunity to catch up on my overflowing Netflix queue. *Laugh*

For those wonderful wintry days

*Gift3**Gift4* Merit Badge in Newsfeed 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  interacting with our community on the Newsfeed every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition! *Gift4**Gift3*

For all your quirky needs, stop by the "Gift Stop [ASR]
MESSAGE THREAD
Movies for 2011? · 03-20-11 2:14pm
by Elisa: Middle Aged Stik
Re: Movies for 2011? · 05-09-11 1:45pm
by 🌕 HuntersMoon
*Star* Re: Re: Movies for 2011? · 05-09-11 9:41pm
by Elisa: Middle Aged Stik

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2235596