*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2468801
Rated: E · Message Forum · Holiday · #1899538
A letter from home for Christmas for soldiers who can't be here. CONTEST - NO ENTRY FEE
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 6, 2012 at 9:49pm
In Humble Appreciation
*Dollar* 25,000 GPs were sent to "What Contest Is Next? with this post.
To a Hero;

In my estimation you are a hero, not necessarily an object of medals, ribbons, or paper honors to hang upon a wall. A real hero is one who is willing to put everything on hold, then step up to be counted against the forces of evil. Yes, perhaps this is politically incorrect to use the word evil, but I have no other word to use for those who fly airplanes into buildings and try to smuggle bombs into trains, planes, and subways here at home.

I know your life is precious to you, and those you have left behind who wait for you think your life is precious too. Yet because you are a special kind of hero you have put everything on the line to safeguard our way of life. Know that my prayers, and the prayers of my family are given in thanks each day for you and yours, that you can come home safe to your family, and that there will be decent jobs, and a slice of the life that you helped preserve for all of us.

Your mission is no doubt confusing at times. We here at home trust you with the job of showing the faces of all of us here at home. One selfless act, one tear wiped from a child's face, is multiplied by ever one of us who are not able to do what you have done, and are continuing to do.

No verbal or written words of thanks can communicate the debt we owe you. We here at home, do care, you are not alone, and when you return we will do everything in our power to show you what that means to all of us.

May the real light of Christmas shine on you, may you see peace in your life.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
In Humble Appreciation · 12-06-12 9:49pm
by Moarzjasac
Re: In Humble Appreciation · 12-19-12 12:33am
by Angel_Eyes

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Angel_Eyes.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2468801