*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2481119
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:00am
Re: Novel Writing Newsletter
If you'd like to edit such a newsletter, you may want to consider writing it yourself. The official sitewide newsletter systems is not very easy to expand, and moderators are the sole pool of editors for them. I did propose opening up the editor pool to preferreds toward the end of my time as a mod, but from what I understand it's currently not feasible. Likewise, the system for distributing the 13 official newsletters makes it tough to add a new one, especially if feedback is limited on the issues that are released.

That said, setting up an unofficial newsletter will take some work. I've been in both roles (set up an unofficial newsletter for reviewing and edited 50 issues of the official drama newsletter). If anyone wants to set up an unofficial newsletter, my first piece of advice is to do the research. Find out how many people on the site would be interested in reading it and what they would specifically like to see. If you can, set up a survey item for this. It will help a lot and gave me an idea where to start with my newsletter endeavor.

Best of luck!

Simple and cool

*Gift3**Gift4* Merit Badge in Forum Posts 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  interacting with our community within message forums every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition! *Gift4**Gift3*

For all your quirky needs, stop by the "Gift Stop [ASR]
MESSAGE THREAD
Novel Writing Newsletter · 01-09-13 4:18am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Novel Writing Newsletter · 01-09-13 9:00am
by Elisa: Middle Aged Stik
Re: Re: Novel Writing Newsletter · 01-09-13 9:27am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Novel Writing Newsletter · 06-05-13 6:31pm
by Fi

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2481119