*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2485442
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 21, 2013 at 12:22am
Edited: January 21, 2013 at 12:25am
Re: New Forum Layout
A couple issues with the reason you'd like them back: Post #'s were never consistent for people... and worse than that, they could be changed! *Wink*

For example(s): If you and I have different people ignored that post in a forum. What might be 100 for you could be 80 for me because I don't see Joe Smith's posts and you do. If someone posts in the forum and they're blocking Mary Lou, then Mary Lou won't see her posts and she'll have yet another different count!

And then if Paul Thompson deletes his account, automatically the post numbers shown on the forum listing shift to account for his account being gone. We don't show non-existent user posts in a forum listing. So what was 100 for you and 80 for me is now 96 for you and 76 for me.

I know sometime change is poo... but it's really for the best that those numbers are gone.

Best,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Supportive
[Click For More Info]

I snatched the following words from someone else as they cent per cent exhibit my feelings for YOU and WDC: 

“Thank you so much for all that you do here. For creating a home and a supportive, giving and caring community for all members. Here we can explore our creativity, develop friendships and do it together with individuals who share our passions. We cannot thank you enough for all you do here for us. There is nothing like WDC and it is so much more than a website, it is our home!“
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
New Forum Layout · 01-21-13 12:15am
by Annette
*Star* Re: New Forum Layout · 01-21-13 12:22am
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: New Forum Layout · 01-21-13 12:25am
by Annette

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2485442