*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2525039
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 17, 2013 at 8:31pm
Supposed to be Funny
MAY 17 ENTRY: Have you laughed today? What were you laughing about? If you haven’t laughed yet today, find something funny to share with the rest of us.

Hey peeps....

So another funny Friday and another stumbling block for me! I ain't a funny guy people in case you hadn't noticed. So not my favourite blogging day..

Have I laughed today? I don't think I have. So I go back to the treasure trove of experience, the dictionary of fun, the mock test for life: high school. It wasn't the last time I laughed but that's what came to mind.

I wasn't popular even though I was a part of THE TEAM. The school Bball team, the champs of last season. For those not familiar with the age old game of basketball, two teams of five players try to snatch a ball from each other and put it through a hoop in the air. So our team had four good players and then they had me. I wasn't bad per se, just not as good as the others. I was chosen because I was the best among the rest. But I had fun playing, it was really nice!

Those who have played sports or been closely related to it can empathise with the surge of emotions that come with a victory. Elation, ecstasy, jubilation, adrenalin mixed with hormones flow through a teenager's body at swift pace. It is then that we end up doing things that we might regret later on, or maybe not regret. It was such a brash moment that my best mate on the team, Luke, high on the close win we had just eked out, decided it was time to celebrate with the coach. We had, or rather the rest of the team, had not played to potential in this game. Predictably, since the third quarter, Coach Scott was in a foul mood. He had given us a dressing down at the interval and even after winning, he wasn't in a cheery mood. Poor James wishes he knew that!

So with the usual wet-towel snapping at each other's butts in the background, James had a brain flash. The coach had just entered the locker room to probably give us another dressing down ,when, to his surprise, he found the favour being returned for the previous one when he saw his pants around his knees!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Supposed to be Funny · 05-17-13 8:31pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Supposed to be Funny · 05-17-13 11:36pm
by Grace♥Leo health issues
Re: Re: Supposed to be Funny · 05-17-13 11:37pm
by Grace♥Leo health issues
Re: Supposed to be Funny · 05-18-13 1:34am
by Elle - on hiatus

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2525039