*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2525614
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 19, 2013 at 9:57pm
Week 3
MAY 19 ENTRY: Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

Hello world!

This week, like many, was uneventful,
The prompts were tough,
The entries nice,
My life?
Well, it goes on…

It was a boring week, snooze fest almost. No good news, no bad news, no news basically. (I have a feeling this entry is going to be a short one.) Two things did happen though, which one might deem beyond the realm of ordinary.

The first was that I received a phone call from a friend whom I hadn’t seen since senior year of school. I remember he used to have a lot of problems back then. He was constantly sad, very insecure and confused. I remember he was an excellent writer, but he just didn’t have the confidence. I tried to help him back then, but I was also naïve. We didn’t talk much, just catching up. I couldn’t tell whether he was better now, he was always good at hiding his feelings, always afraid. But I guess it was nice of him to call, I think we’ll be in touch more often now. This reminds me of a wonderful quote:

“We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”― E.E. Cummings

The second thing is related to tennis. The Classico of tennis, Federer vs. Nadal 30th edition. Two stalwarts of the game, one of the most anticipated matchups of all time ended up being an anti-climax. Federer was far from his best, Nadal was too good on the day, on his favorite surface. Even though I am a Nadal fan, I found it a bit hard to digest. The win was easy, perhaps too easy. A BBC Radio commentator summed it
up precisely as:

"For all of us who treasure one of the greatest rivalries in sporting history, it was a little uncomfortable watching Nadal destroy Federer in the way he has done only once before - in the French Open Final of 2008.”

This rivalry is what drew me to the sport, it is still what I look forward too. But I guess like all good things, it is slowing down.

A book recommendation: I am reminded of a book I read some years ago, “The Perks Of Being A Wallflower” by Stephen Chbosky. Though it is about a teenager, it is an absorbing read, suitable for everyone. Elle - on hiatus Make sure your kids read it when they are teens. In the meantime, everyone should give it a go.

My favorite entry of the week was a wonderful poem "Creation Saturday: The Flowers in the Bouquet Talk by Prosperous Snow celebrating . A spectacular take on a difficult prompt. Blew everyone else out of the water.

That’s the end folks.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Week 3 · 05-19-13 9:57pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Week 3 · 05-19-13 10:08pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Week 3 · 05-19-13 10:26pm
by Prosperous Snow celebrating
Re: Re: Week 3 · 05-20-13 7:44am
by Grace♥Leo health issues
Re: Week 3 · 05-20-13 2:23pm
by Fivesixer
Re: Re: Week 3 · 05-20-13 2:34pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Re: Re: Week 3 · 05-20-13 3:00pm
by Fivesixer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2525614