*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2527577
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 26, 2013 at 4:14pm
Edited: May 26, 2013 at 5:09pm
Week 4
MAY 26 ENTRY: Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

Bonjour amis.

As I looked at the calendar. I realized that this is the last ‘Sunday Review’. How quickly did this month go by? Before entering the contest, I was apprehensive because this is my first time blogging and I thought that blogging everyday would be extremely tough. Soon, this challenge became a part of my routine, so much so that the first thing I do when I wake up every day is check the new prompt!

This week I joined an etymology workshop. I had been waiting for a long time to join it but something or the other always came up and I couldn’t. It has just been three days and it has been quite fun! In our class, we have people whose ages range from 11-40 yrs. A very diverse group but sometimes the younger ones (11-13yr old) can be a handful, they say stuff that isn’t really relevant. For example, when the dude conducting the workshop asked us what the longest word in English is, one kid said “smiles”. We were bemused and asked him how it was so. In all his innocence, he said “Simple, because it contains miles”.

We had a couple of interesting prompts this week, didn’t we? The potion or spell one was quite unique, so was the escape plan. Sometimes these prompts can put you in a fix but I don’t know why this week every prompt just clicked and I didn’t spend a lot of time thinking about what to write. I guess we all have weeks such as these, when pieces just fall into their respective places. I had a nice time writing this week.

My favorite sports tournament also began this week, The French Open in Paris. So I will be glued to my TV for the next two weeks. Some people find tennis boring, I just don’t understand them. If you actually start following it, watching the good players in action, you will definitely love it. I think those people must have
watched some lower ranked players playing each other, which usually results in ‘not-so-good’ matches.

My favorite entries of the week: "A Potion For Dealing With Evil Boys by Elle - on hiatus because I loved the personal touch to a not-so straightforward prompt and "Invalid Entry by Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade because I know it takes courage to not only go through such hardships but also write about them on a public forum.

A few messages for users:

Emily - Congratulations on graduating. May the force be with you. *Delight*.

Elle - on hiatus - Congrats on winning the MB for the bouquet challenge. *Thumbsup*

Fivesixer -Get well soon champ. Looking forward to reading more from you.*Mugo*

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. - Martin Luther King
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Week 4 · 05-26-13 4:14pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Week 4 · 05-26-13 5:48pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Week 4 · 05-28-13 12:07pm
by Fivesixer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2527577