*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2529016
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1931562
My blog. Sometimes abstruse musings and rants!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 30, 2013 at 5:30pm
Edited: May 30, 2013 at 5:31pm
Believe
MAY 30 ENTRY: On the second day, (today) write about how your life actually ended up turning out from the perspective of your older self. (Feel free to project into the future.) Did you grow up to be who you always wanted to be as a child?

Hello again! Feels strange that this month has come to an end so quickly! So to continue with yesterday’s tale (which can be found here: "Ah to be young again!"  ).

Anyway, I pursued "my dream" of engineering. Even though I was touted to reach unforeseen echelons, I fell, hard!

I fell hard because I didn’t get into any good colleges. I had to give in and attend a 2nd grade college, so to say. But I realized that neither was I doing well, nor was I having any fun. It was an ordeal that I was just trying to bear. This is when I decided to stop. I don’t know if it was the wisest decision I have ever made, but I had to do it, I had to stop.

Needless to say, the people around me were shocked, my parents especially. There was only one person who wasn’t, my best friend Tom (whom I mentioned in the ‘Craziness’ entry). He said he always knew. It was a tough road ahead for me though. I began to second-guess myself, thinking I had thrown a reasonably good career away. What was writing or English going to get me anyway? I was down in the dumps, literally. People around me said many things, “Work harder. Get into a better engineering college. You fall only to rise again, blah, blah… “I knew only one person who could really make that call, me.

"I believe dreams represent the purest form of fantasy we unleash through our subconscious. They represent the truest freedom we can experience. Totally unrepressed and totally creative."-Miguel Jontel Pimentel

Someone said to me, listen to your gut, it is the only thing you can trust in a crisis, big or small, don’t let its voice go unheard, for it is soft when there is pandemonium around you, believe.
I don’t think you can become really successful, I don’t mean economically, but spiritually. So here I am, the true me in front of you, an aspiring writer, looking for a way. Maybe I would’ve made more money by completing my engineering degree instead of going for an arts degree, but sometimes you’ve got to ask yourself, is it really worth it?

Finis.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Believe · 05-30-13 5:30pm
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Believe · 05-30-13 6:35pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Re: Believe · 05-31-13 12:58am
by Jack-check out 7YS
Re: Believe · 05-31-13 12:58pm
by Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jack-check out 7YS.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2529016