*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2585874
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 20, 2013 at 11:48pm
Oh My I am DONE!!! Days 25-31 + Bonuses ALL COMPLETED!! YAY
Day 25 Required + Bonus COMPLETED
         Setting Inventory was easy enough, but had trouble with my drawing. I finally tried drawing my settlement planet and it wasn't as easy I'd thought. But I got the main city drawn with suggestions of surrounding cities that would look roughly the same.

Day 26 Contest #4 Commitment Letter COMPLETED "10/26 Commitment Letter Contest #4 NaNo
         I mostly felt a bit silly knowing others will read this, but I know my flaws and tried to recognize how I worked around them this month to encourage myself for next month!!

Day 28 Required + Bonus COMPLETED
         Wow, this had to probably be the hardest one I did, that Query Letter is a doozy!! I actually did all 3 of the suggestions though Query Letter, Procrastination list, And Work Prep. Now to download all the music I need!!

Day 29 Required + Bonus COMPLETED
         I thought I'd get stuck on this one because I can't think of any "objects" I may use that are important to my story besides my settings that could also be considered objects...My ship, my outpost. But I realized that the AI computer system I had in my mind that would be guiding my ship was an object since I created him with the capability of transferring to Pre-Built Robotic bodies or AI-Pads. So I used write or die and completed I believe it was 535 words for this sprint. It was actually kinda fun trying to come up with uses and ideas and descriptions for him to take up the full 15 minutes.

Day 30 Required + Bonus COMPLETED
         I was a bit worried about this one as My Protagonist change is what I feel may be one of my weak points in my book. In my Protagonist Back Story "Project Blink I wrote that story to show how strong, determined and quick thinking she is. But in this novel recovering from her back story she is weak and suffering from PTSD. Her team needs her to be who she used to be to save them and everyone else, so Im not sure how well the change may come across without someone knowing her from the back story. Im hoping references to Project Blink and flashbacks will help, because in reality I can see Project Blink becoming its own novella. Worried about this part of my novel but we'll see how it goes. The interview seem to go pretty well as far as explaining ow she changed from beginning to end but its different when you explain it up front as compared to trying to show it through action throughout a novel.

Day 31 Required + Bonus COMPLETED
         This one redid itself. I finished #4 revision on the outline yesterday and then as I completed each assignment today and got more ideas I refined my outlines and timelines again today. I'm actually quite sure Ill be updating even more as the week goes on and I try and refine my conflicts and character changes more. Im obsessive like that.

Wow, what a productive weekend for me!!! How exciting!!! Now I'm thinking of plugging this baby into Dramatica or Scrivener to organize it in preparation for NaNo. Or maybe I should take a break and catch up on some shows on the DVR tonight. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Oh My I am DONE!!! Days 25-31 + Bonuses ALL COMPLETED!! YAY · 10-20-13 11:48pm
by 🌑 Darleen - QoD
Re: Oh My I am DONE!!! Days 25-31 + Bonuses ALL COMPLETE... · 10-21-13 12:37am
by Robin
Re: Re: Oh My I am DONE!!! Days 25-31 + Bonuses ALL COMP... · 10-21-13 3:51am
by 🌑 Darleen - QoD

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Battywyn🎶.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2585874