*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2587620
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 24, 2013 at 7:06pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Sad face.
alysia

Trust me when I say you are not alone (obviously from the above posts) I always set unrealistic goals for myself lol.

I have 3 kids. A 5 y/o in kindergarten and karate 3 days a week and a set of 2 y/o twins who are extremely attached to me. Granted I'm not having a newborn next month, but one of my twins doesn't like to sleep much so sometimes I still feel like hes a newborn!!

I worry about making my goal as well due to distractions of children, and writing has become my outlet and escape. Having a strong support system will be helpful here. My husband knows how important completing NaNo is for me and it seems to be just as important to him because writing has made mommy happy!! And you know what they say, "If Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!!!"

Do you have anyone who can help you set aside some time everyday for writing time? I have trouble focusing so I need at least an hour to be able to get anything done. I use nap time and the time right after the kids go down for a nap as ME time for writing to help relax and escape. (Though they didnt nap today and this msg has taken me almost an hour to type LOL) The hubs makes sure this happens by taking over Mommy duties at important times for me.

Others don't need as much time. I've heard of friends setting aside multiple 15 or 30 min sessions a day wherever they can, to get writing done. Breastfeeding? Bathroom break? (I know I'm not the only one who uses this private time as an extended escape from the kids occasionally, right?) Use an app on your cell phone to squeeze in some writing time. I do this when waiting to pick my son up from school or while sitting in the waiting room at the Drs. Evernote is great for this as it can sync with your phone AND computer for easy copying and pasting to a main document.

I think the main part is to make sure you have fun and to not stress!!! I know, easier said then done but try and keep that mantra in the back of your mind when being overwhelmed by the little ones. If setting a smaller goal makes it feel more manageable then DO IT!! Tell yourself just getting halfway trough makes you a WINNER!! Heck, I think even ATTEMPTING NaNo makes you a winner.

Everyone above is right, hang in there and be proud!!!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
OT: Sad face. · 10-24-13 2:49pm
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-24-13 3:24pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-24-13 3:40pm
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: Re: Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-24-13 4:08pm
by Storm Machine
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-24-13 7:06pm
by 🌑 Darleen - QoD
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-24-13 9:51pm
by Battywyn🎶
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-24-13 10:47pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-25-13 12:03pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-24-13 7:19pm
by A.J. Barretts
Re: Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-25-13 12:32pm
by Past Member 'alysia'
Re: Re: Re: OT: Sad face. · 10-25-13 8:22pm
by Sticky Draconic Vampire saysHH

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Battywyn🎶.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2587620