*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2687912
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(109)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 30, 2014 at 4:52pm
Weekly Goal Update 5/30/14
1. Apply to four more jobs in Detroit.
I applied to 5. :)

2. Call Twiztid shop to see if they're hiring.
No, I wasn't feeling well and someone told me not to apply for retail since I spent five and a half years in college. However, I think next week I will call because I'm willing to take anything to move. Also, I would love working for Twiztid. :) I'm just nervous.

3. Re-write this novel I started for my last semester of college (I only have 200 words started), change name and location. Submit it to the symposium.
I didn't save what I had, actually, so I rewrote it. Here is what I have so far.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

PROLOGUE

_____________________________________________________________________________________
She walked into his house, it was different this time because she finally wandered into the area that he called home for his entire life. Missy had a feeling that the act of going into Paul’s house in the middle of the night or was it early evening (she couldn’t tell)? was wrong, but she entered through the white door of 9823 Cherry Street anyway. Missy walked through the foyer of Paul’s ranch house in Farmington Hills and into the kitchen. It was Missy’s first time in Paul’s house, but she instinctively knew where everything was—she guessed from the music videos that Paul’s band posted on YouTube, which she always enjoyed watching.
Missy quietly grabs a glass from the wooden cupboard and turns on the spigot. The water that fills the glass is noisy and violent—it begins to splash her. The cold water refreshes Missy, though; it had been a long day of roaming the streets of Roseville looking or a place to live. She loved this area and was going to call it home no matter what it took.
“Hi, Missy,” she heard a deep voice from behind her.

Other things I accomplished this week:

I submitted a restaurant review for a City-Data contest. Review of Carnegie Deli   and I entered another contest. Fingers are crossed! I also started writing about my Michigan trip: My First Time In Detroit (Pure Michigan)  .

Signature for Soundtrackers.

Monoxide Smiles  [E]
Genres: Music - Romance/Love - Relationship
by Future Mrs. B celebrates WDC

Ice Outlined Brandywine  [E]
Genres: Inspirational - Environment - Community

The writer is the engineer of the human soul.

Invalid Item  []
Genres:
by A Guest Visitor

Lambeau Leapin' Through Wisconsin  [E]
Genres: Travel - Sports - Entertainment

Invalid Item  []
Genres:
by A Guest Visitor

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Weekly Goal Update 5/30/14 · 05-30-14 4:52pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2687912