*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2770783
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 14, 2014 at 1:53pm
Edited: December 14, 2014 at 1:54pm
Re: Item Mentioned Notification
Predominantly because of sigs and groups and the like.

I played with it previously but there is just too much item tagging that goes on that people do not need to know about it. It would completely inundate members with active groups, contests, etc. For example, I have no interest in knowing every time someone tags "Writing.Com General Discussion.

I also considered a partial or "inconsistent" system that doesn't notify about posts in forum or newsfeed notes, but does notify about item tags in static items, but that becomes cumbersome and confusing for people remember who gets a notification for the tag and where. That's not confusion we need.

~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Family
[Click For More Info]

*^*Heart*^*Thank you so much for the wonderful Account Birthday gift.  It arrived in my letterbox, a hand written address on the front and a lovely gift inside!  It is such genuine and personal touches that endear Writing.com to so many.  Thank you so very very much.*^*Heart*^*
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Item Mentioned Notification · 12-14-14 9:01am
by BIG BAD WOLF Happy July 4th!
*Star* Re: Item Mentioned Notification · 12-14-14 1:53pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Item Mentioned Notification · 12-14-14 2:06pm
by BIG BAD WOLF Happy July 4th!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2770783