*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2812035
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(109)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 10, 2015 at 2:45pm
Checking in on a tough week...
by A Non-Existent User
Lots of high expectations for this week, and some were met. Others weren't. And there were a lot of surprises.

I succeeded in getting a drafting schedule and sticking to it this week. *Smile* That much was wonderful. I'm one short story away from finishing the first draft of my historical fiction collection.

I've also gotten a great start on my proofreading. More than a start, I'm a third of the way finished. Excellent progress.

I led with good news. World was kind of shattered this week when my father was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Melanoma. We expected there was some level of cancer, but we never expected to hear stage 4. We're not fully sure what our course of action is, but we have our first steps and lots of appointments.

On top of this, my car is in the shop. This multiplies the issue with my dad since he typically handles car issues, and the family is down one errand-running car. It's an easy fix, though, and I should have it back today or tomorrow.

Just to ice the cake, I work at an accounting firm and we're flooded because of the deadline coming up on the 15th. Craziness has ensued, and it's stressful. I over caffeinate and it takes a lot to say no, remembering being less hyper can be just as important as being energized.

We're hoping for a weekend to unwind and process. Happy Friday, everybody!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Checking in on a tough week... · 04-10-15 2:45pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2812035