*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3027331
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Log an assignment before 10/4.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 7, 2016 at 12:02pm
Re: Cultural Setting?!?
This one is super useful for fantasy/create-your-own-world, but I can definitely see how it might be difficult in a real world setting.

Maybe instead of cultural setting for the town/country you're in, you can focus on the cultural things your character is going to interact with. Are there family traditions that might come up? If it's a busy city, does your character jump into the nightlife or avoid it, etc?

Since your characters are kids, what are the group dynamics you're dealing with. Is one kid the "leader", how did that hierarchy evolve (I envision the old Saturday morning show "Recess", but I doubt your story is quite that... extreme)? Is there a school? what kind of school is it (affluent, low-performing, established teachers, good/poor after school programs or extra curriculars)?

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Rate Yourself!  [E]
How would you rate yourself as an author based on the Writing.Com system?
by Sarah Rae

Merit Badge in Teamwork
[Click For More Info]

We made it. The number ONE EnduView Team. Merit Badge in Birthday
[Click For More Info]

Happy 6th WDC Birthday Sarah Rae! Hope married life is treating you will and many more birthdays/anniversaries to come! Merit Badge in Ghost
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for decorating the halls of Writing.Com for the 2012 Halloween season with your creative handle, Scare-A Rae. You were nominated in  [Link To Item #1485641]  to receive this much-deserved Merit Badge by me.  *^*Delight*^*
MESSAGE THREAD
Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 11:12am
by A.J. Barretts
Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 11:22am
by QPdoll
Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 11:45am
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 12:13pm
by QPdoll
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 12:17pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 2:27pm
by BattywynšŸŽ¶
*Star* Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 12:02pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 12:59pm
by A.J. Barretts

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BattywynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3027331