SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3172183
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 16, 2018 at 4:57am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TotW: Advice
Wow. Shirley sounds ... interesting. Do you know what? I would love to have faith. My Mum was a Christian (she even taught Sunday School for years). But my Dad was an atheist. I could see my Mum had a lot more peace and strength of mind, and I know her faith was part of that. I’ve tried to have faith, really I have. I’m often reading bits of the Bible and trying to find something that flicks the light switch in my brain. But I don’t think it’s gonna happen. And if anyone tries to shove it down my throat, I get really pissed. Like, whenever we have people knocking our door, trying to convert us, David has to speak to them because I just can’t be polite. And I’m usually a very polite person.

I actually found it really hard at both my parents’ funerals. Dad died first, so Mum wanted a Christian funeral, and when she died, I knew that was what she wanted for her, too. But all the stuff about God calling them to be with him and them being in a better placed made me so angry. Like, I almost had to walk out during my Dad’s funeral. But I was angry in general when he died, so it wasn’t just the religion thing.

Oops, I talked way more than I intended then. You may have guessed, this is a subject that really gets me going.

Btw, you have one cousin? I have 28! And a whole load of them are ... interesting *Laugh* When I first unleashed them onto David, he joked that I was the most normal of all of us. I think he still stands by that.
MESSAGE THREAD
TotW: Advice · 03-13-18 2:54pm
by Charlie ~
Re: TotW: Advice · 03-13-18 5:38pm
by Shh...whisper, MHWAmember
Re: Re: TotW: Advice · 03-14-18 10:11am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Re: Re: TotW: Advice · 03-15-18 2:54pm
by Shh...whisper, MHWAmember
Re: Re: Re: Re: TotW: Advice · 03-15-18 3:01pm
by Choconut
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TotW: Advice · 03-16-18 2:47am
by Whata SpoonStealer
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TotW: Advice · 03-16-18 4:57am
by Choconut
Re: Re: Re: Re: TotW: Advice · 03-16-18 2:40am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Re: Re: TotW: Advice · 03-17-18 2:02pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: TotW: Advice · 03-17-18 1:59pm
by Charlie ~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3172183