Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 21, 2018 at 2:29pm
Edited: March 21, 2018 at 3:38pm
Re: Re: Forgiveness
Future Mrs. B celebrates WDC
So what is different for you? Why do you empathize/sympathize with other victims, but can't do that for yourself? Is it because you were an adult, you made an adult decision that ended in someone else making a worse decision that affected you? You are no more to blame than any other victim of rape. There is no reason you should need to forgive yourself for anything!
I already know that since you say you have empathy, sympathy and all that for other victims, what your answer to my next question will be but I want to ask it anyway so that you can see where and how you are no different just because you made a choice that night, not even a bad choice because what you chose to do was something almost EVERY adult has chosen to do at some point in their life.
Ok so my question: If a child chooses to go to a friends house and gets raped by that friend's father, is the child supposed to blame themselves because she could have chosen not to go to the friends' house? I already know that you are going to say absolutely not, but what makes it different? Why is it any different than what happened to you? No answer you have for this will be correct unless you say, there is no difference. Nothing that happens to any rape victim is EVER their fault. NOTHING!
I do hope that someday you will believe this and everything everyone else is telling you and you can move forward with healing.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Shhh. Whisper.....
MESSAGE THREAD
Forgiveness · 03-19-18 8:16pm
by Future Mrs. B celebrates WDC
Re: Forgiveness · 03-19-18 9:29pm
by Warped Sanity
Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-20-18 5:39am
by Choconut
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:08pm
Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 12:02pm
by Andie
*Star* Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 2:29pm
by Shh...whisper, MHWAmember
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 3:34pm
by Andie
Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 3:36pm
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:01pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:39pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:55pm
Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:09pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173487