SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173513
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 21, 2018 at 4:08pm
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness
This is true. As I posted to Shh...whisper, MHWAmember , the detective blamed me and dropped the case. He said this was normal in a college town and I should have known better. I did explain the whole story and what I could remember, but I am not sure why my parents didn't take me to the hospital when I got home. I did have an exam at my college; the nurse said I was raw and I did have some diseases that were taken care of with some medicine. However, the school's findings couldn't be used by the county for some reason. The detective also screamed at me for going to campus police. It didn't happen on campus, HOWEVER, a lot of students went to that cupcake shop and I wanted to make them aware. I didn't want someone else to go through that. I don't know if I was right or wrong, but the campus police called the sexual assault unit from the county and they gave me a caseworker. The detective never did. Some old friends also blamed me too. One old friend even said, "YAY, Jess! You finally got laid!" I was stunned and mortified, I blocked her on Facebook, and she e-mailed me a few times asking about what she did. I never responded, I just blocked her e-mail too. I think the reason why people who blamed me for it got to me is because I did blame myself too.

I can't even remember most of what happened to me that night; some things seem like they were like a dream and like I wasn't fully present in my body. I think I was drugged too. I was incapacitated and he shouldn't have touched me, despite what that detective claimed. I'm also not a perfect person and crap happens to us all. I do need to be kind to myself because I am only human.

A signature for Quills nominees to use

A Sports Trip to Remember  [E]
Genres: Friendship - Travel - Sports
by Future Mrs. B celebrates WDC

The writer is the engineer of the human soul.
MESSAGE THREAD
Forgiveness · 03-19-18 8:16pm
Re: Forgiveness · 03-19-18 9:29pm
by Warped Sanity
Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-20-18 5:39am
by Choconut
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:08pm
Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 12:02pm
by Andie
Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 2:29pm
by Shh...whisper, MHWAmember
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 3:34pm
by Andie
Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 3:36pm
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:01pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:39pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:55pm
Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:09pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173513