SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173520
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 21, 2018 at 4:55pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness

Thank you, Shh...whisper, MHWAmember . *Hug* I'm close to my dad and he knew right away something bad happened. Before my dad became a sheriff for the county we live in, he worked with rape victims. I didn't tell my dad until three days later, but he gently questioned me about that night before I came fully out. My British friend said I should talk to my dad since at that point I was in a lot of pain and I needed help. My dad said, "Yes, I figured that is what happened to you." He urged me to go talk to the detective of the county it happened in, my mom didn't want me to tell anyone. She didn't want me to go to authorities. My dad never raises his voice, but he did so in this instance, "Jessica, you will go and report this crime! What happened to you was a crime and it will be treated as such." I was going to anyway. Dad did say that the detective's response is not uncommon, unfortunately.

It's funny that I remember more of the crap that happened in the aftermath and I don't really recount the kind people. I was working a paid internship at the time and I told my manager, one co-worker I was close to, and the co-worker I was close to came with me to report the crime to campus police, to the counseling session and she walked me to the health centre for my exam. I've been in anger mode for the past four years; trying to get a decent paying job and moving hasn't worked out as I planned and it's a very slow process; I lost her friendship in that anger process. I regret that because she did a lot for me. Even my library job let me take time off and they didn't fire me despite all the mood issues. I still have a few friends in this area despite everything too.

A signature for Quills nominees to use

A Sports Trip to Remember  [E]
Genres: Friendship - Travel - Sports
by Future Mrs. B celebrates WDC

The writer is the engineer of the human soul.
MESSAGE THREAD
Forgiveness · 03-19-18 8:16pm
Re: Forgiveness · 03-19-18 9:29pm
by Warped Sanity
Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-20-18 5:39am
by Choconut
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:08pm
Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 12:02pm
by Andie
Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 2:29pm
by Shh...whisper, MHWAmember
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 3:34pm
by Andie
Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 3:36pm
Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:01pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:39pm
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:55pm
Re: Re: Forgiveness · 03-21-18 4:09pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173520