*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3202026
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #2144029
Come yarn me a tale about a flawed character!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 1, 2018 at 12:54am
Edited: August 1, 2018 at 12:59am
JULY WINNERS AND BRIEF REVIEWS
"Invalid Item was full of flavor. I chuckled when John was mistaken for the new chef by Joy. I also loved how John found a bit of romance there, at the end. My favorite part was when Joy said, “We simmer for a while, cook slowly, add spice a little later.” Wonderful job showing vs. telling, bobturn!

D. Reed Whittaker: I thoroughly enjoyed the sprinkling of Spanish in "Blind Chef. Nice bit of humor, too. I flat-out laughed when your character said, “I'm blind” and Jesus said, “So, I'm short.” I was also impressed at how you mixed the grief of losing eyesight with the hope for the future and the joy in the present.

Azrael Tseng: "Invalid Item holds a great message of tolerance in a time where people commonly attack their fellow man (or, in this case, woman). You showed Min Na's competition's attitudes very well. So much, so, that I found myself utterly loathing them and wishing I could kick their arses. Loved how Min Na meshed the two cultural dishes together to create something new.

dragonwoman: "Invalid Item was mixed with mystery and intrigue. I thought VITAS was an unusual but unique idea for a restaurant. I could see something like that becoming pretty popular. I thought it was great how Quinton signed the contract fat chance. And here I'd been worrying that he'd actually signed away the restaurant!! Oh, and I loved the visual at the beginning, where Quinton's fingers sank into the apricots.

"Mmmm, mmmm, good! was full of ewwwww! I figured something gross was coming but I didn't expect the meat to be from cadavers. Yuck. Good job completely grossing me out, Angus!

Sooooo...rules state 6 entries are required to dole out 2nd and 3rd place buuuuuut I'm thinking 5 is close enough this time. I loved each story but my favorite was :
"Invalid Item.
Congratulations to our first place winner, Azrael Tseng!

Second place goes to D. Reed Whittaker
and
Third to bobturn

Thanks for the wonderful reads, y'all!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
JULY WINNERS AND BRIEF REVIEWS · 08-01-18 12:54am
by Genipher

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Genipher.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3202026