*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3208602
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 1, 2018 at 11:45pm
Re: Re: Community Recognition
by Stumpy
Yeah, I understand that there is some recognition for activity, but again, it seems to me that it's swamped by simply having an account open unless you're very active indeed. And I have been what I consider to be very active indeed at times, sometimes for weeks at a time.

What I would expect of a CR system is that a beginner can fairly rapidly become recognized as a full contributing member, but then it becomes harder to stand out amongst the full contributing members. Most active members should have similar scores, which are easily distinguishable from newbies. People with very low or very high scores, by comparison, would then indicate someone who is new or inactive on the one hand or a really good or prolific writer, or active stalwart pillar of the community on the other. I don't feel that's the case at the moment.

I don't know. Maybe I just feel that way because I'm in and out of this place, rather than here constantly and consistently. It just seems odd to me, given the amount of time and effort I've put into writing and reviewing when I am here, that my CR is dominated by having my account open for 7 years, most of which time has been entirely inactive.

It wouldn't trouble me to have a low CR score. I'm not here much, so it would be reasonable for me to still be building toward "full citizen". It would be reasonable for my CR score to have declined while I was inactive, too, and for me to be starting almost from scratch. What troubles me is that my CR score is mostly for doing nothing.

Maybe it's not all that broken. Maybe all it needs is for the anniversary bonus to be dropped to 1. Then I'd have 7 points for longevity and 5 for activity. That would still feel a bit odd, but it would make a lot more sense than the 7:1 imbalance I have now.
MESSAGE THREAD
Community Recognition · 09-01-18 9:23pm
by Stumpy
Re: Community Recognition · 09-01-18 10:34pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
*Star* Re: Re: Community Recognition · 09-01-18 11:45pm
by Stumpy
Re: Re: Re: Community Recognition · 09-02-18 4:13am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Community Recognition · 09-02-18 4:45am
by Stumpy
Re: Re: Community Recognition · 09-02-18 12:13am
by Stumpy
Re: Re: Re: Community Recognition · 09-02-18 4:14am

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3208602