*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3213864
Rated: E · Message Forum · How-To/Advice · #2164831
A forum where I ask questions to strengthen your story, fix plot holes, and much more!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 15, 2018 at 9:44pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Well, this is an interesting forum!
by Emily
Yes, I will be playing with ideas for how and why ALTO became evil in the first place. I like stories where the "bad guy" isn't 100% bad and actually have a reason for doing what they're doing. I'll have to think more on this.

As for the technology of this age, if you started reading the chapters, I hint at it a little. I want the technology to be ever so slightly more advanced, but in subtle ways that aren't super "in your face." For example, the second chapter contains a scene with Jon interacting with a smart holographic TV and a clone/drone woman, but he notes that most everything else is similar to how he remembered it from the past. I'm also thinking about the city itself. I describe the city a tiny bit in chapter one. The sides of the buildings are green and blue and there seem to be no motorized vehicles of any kind. I want the buildings' electricity to be powered by algae and solar and the lack of cars to be a result of the over pollution of the past. The city has a very small footprint, but is extremely tall. All the buildings are skyscrapers and there are sky bridges connecting everything. This makes it easy to walk everywhere.

Anyway, long story short, the technology is advanced, but only in certain things, so not incredibly intrusive in the story. I want the characters to live what we would call "normal" lives, but simply have some tech that is highly advanced to spice up the experience for my Returners.

By the way, you are being so helpful! Is there anything I can do to help you?

-Emily

Emily Signature

BOOK
A Piece Of My Heart  (18+)
A blog to house my musings, curiosities, and fascinations.
#2166092 by Emily
MESSAGE THREAD
Well, this is an interesting forum! · 09-13-18 8:29am
by Emily
Re: Well, this is an interesting forum! · 09-15-18 2:12pm
by TINMAN 4000
Re: Re: Well, this is an interesting forum! · 09-15-18 2:57pm
by Emily
Re: Re: Re: Well, this is an interesting forum! · 09-15-18 8:47pm
by TINMAN 4000
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Well, this is an interesting forum! · 09-15-18 9:44pm
by Emily
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well, this is an interesting forum! · 09-16-18 11:25am
by TINMAN 4000

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, TINMAN 4000.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3213864