*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3255809
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 12, 2019 at 2:02am
Re: QotW #8: Third-Person Body Swap, Part 2
by bori258
Most of the masking interactions between students have been covered so I figured I'd go a different, less-traveled route. I've become a HUGE fan of the current story line (AV guys trying to make Will popular by becoming cheerleaders) so I'm going to borrow from that.

I would elect to switch Will's mom with Steve Patterson.

There has been almost nothing written about Will's mom in the entire BoM universe, so it would be a great way to explore her character. I'd love to see how "Steve Patterson" befriending Will would drive a wedge between him and Caleb and Keith since "Patterson" would continue treating the two of them the way he normally does to keep up appearances. Sure Will would become more popular with the people who "matter" but it would come at the expense of his current friendship with Caleb and, almost assuredly, Keith. What matters more? Lots of high profile acquaintances or a small circle of loyal friends? I could see Will coming to a crossroad and being forced into that very decision.

There's also Patterson's reputation as a ladies man. Without going too far off the sexual deep end, I can see a scenario where Will's mom tries to help him be more relaxed around girls so he gets invited up to the fabled Fuck Room. After he arrives, he finds "Steve" and one or two of the more popular girls in school waiting for him up there. Obviously in order to get the girls to agree to this, "Patterson" would have to talk up Will quite a bit. As things progress, and it becomes abundantly clear Will is nothing close to how "Patterson" described him, I can only imagine how awkward (awkward for Will but funny for us) it would be for Will to come up short (pun intended) against his mom in every way. Maybe he even chickens out, which would then create another dynamic between "Steve" and Will. Does "Steve" react more like Will's mom would? Understanding and always willing to give him a second chance? Or does he react like Steve Patterson typically would? I think that would be something else that could be explored.
MESSAGE THREAD
QotW #8: Third-Person Body Swap, Part 2 · 03-11-19 11:03am
by Seuzz
Re: QotW #8: Third-Person Body Swap, Part 2 · 03-11-19 11:28pm
by rugal b.
*Star* Re: QotW #8: Third-Person Body Swap, Part 2 · 03-12-19 2:02am
by bori258
Re: QotW #8: Third-Person Body Swap, Part 2 · 03-12-19 8:51am
by araki
Re: QotW #8: Third-Person Body Swap, Part 2 · 03-12-19 10:55am
by TheSkyMarshall
Re: QotW #8: Third-Person Body Swap, Part 2 · 03-12-19 11:58am
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3255809