*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3300253
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #2179526
Night owls welcome!! Open 24 hours! Daily activities! Prizes!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2019 at 7:50am
Re: Monday
Cucumber, although it's really a case of cucumber hating me. Probably the only food in the world capable of bringing on terminal indigestion. Same for pizza but I hate pineapple purely for itself.

I love blue cheese. The smellier, the better. Danish Blue is good, Gorgonzola too, but Stilton is way ahead of the rest. And I love Marmite. Most Americans won't have met it but invariably they hate it when they do. Even the adverts for it say that you either love it or hate it. Marmite is one of those Brit foods that I don't need every day but, if I don't have access to it, I begin to fade away. My son sends me giant jars of it for my birthday and they last me through the year.

The strange thing is that I can eat things everyone else seems to hate. I don't like kale and Brussels sprouts but I have no problem eating them. Brits seem to be inured to hardship (almost certainly the result of living in a land where it rains every day). It is so typical of the Brits that Brussels sprouts are the traditional accompaniment of the Christmas turkey and will always be on the table for Christmas day, even though everyone hates them.
MESSAGE THREAD
Monday · 10-14-19 2:04am
by IceSkatingSugarCube
Re: Monday · 10-14-19 2:40am
by Solace.Bring
Re: Re: Monday · 10-14-19 3:03am
by IceSkatingSugarCube
Re: Monday · 10-14-19 2:54am
by Past Member 'bobturn'
Re: Re: Monday · 10-14-19 3:02am
by IceSkatingSugarCube
Re: Re: Re: Monday · 10-14-19 8:01am
by Past Member 'bobturn'
*Star* Re: Monday · 10-14-19 7:50am
by Beholden
Re: Monday · 10-15-19 1:26pm
by amy-Has a great future ahead

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, IceSkatingSugarCube.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3300253