*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3482916
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 20, 2022 at 6:37pm
Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all!
*Dollar* 500 GPs were sent to Chad Firepaws with this post.
Hi Chad! And Welcome to WDC!

I understand how you would feel a bit intimidated by this site - there's a lot here, so take your time checking out all of the spaces and information! In your introduction, I had no idea what TF meant (sorry *Pthb*) so I just went straight to your port and started reading -- and I couldn't stop! I don't have a lot of time right now so I skimmed through the second half of the first story you have posted, but I was really intrigued and sincerely, I didn't want to stop reading it. So TF = Transformation, right?

In terms of SFW/NSFW, at WDC, when anyone posts their work to their portfolio they have to assign it a content rating that'll help a lot "Content Rating System (CRS). That's from a chapter in the Writing.Com101, which can also help answer a lot of little detail questions you're bound to have along your way here,

In terms of getting your works "critiqued" - around WDC, people will read your works and review them. Lots of folks will try to give helpful reviews, other might say only, "great story." So far I haven't had any mean or disrespectful reviews, but I've marked my work as restricted/visible only to registered members of WDC. I think restricting your work to members keeps them honest.

Lots of writers here will visit your portfolio to see what you write because reading is a great way to continue learning the craft. Another tool they use is to review others' writing. Many of the more active folks around here do a lot of reviewing. I've found that I've gotten a lot of reviews for the items in my portfolio just because I'm also a "newbie." More experienced folks will seek out newbies and review our work just as a welcome and an introduction to how things work. You'll also get more reviews if you do reviews. Many writers will review your work because you took the time to review something they wrote.

To meet people and get your "handle" known, I'd suggest you start by clicking on Community on the left menu bar and then at the top of that pop-out menu click Community Newsfeed. There you'll see current posts from others on WDC, see what's going on, and get an idea of the kinds of activities that are happening. I'm going to mention Schnujo's in Alabama here because she knows everything better than I do *Bigsmile* and she can add and correct me where I'm wrong. (And I'm sure she's not busy! Ha ha!) She's been here a lot longer than I have, she actually brought me here from another writing site.

I hope all goes well. I'll be going back to your story to re-read and review it when I have time. I just wanted to reply to your post since it's been here a couple days without a response, and when I get "chatting" I go on and on. I hope this was helpful! If you ever have questions or wanna chat, feel free to email me!

Cheers!
BA

buddhangela *Sheep*
Writing.Com Signature Image for Upgraded Registered Authors!
MESSAGE THREAD
Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-16-22 8:53pm
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 6:04pm
by 🌸 pwheeler love, joy, peace
Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 11:46pm
by Chad Firepaws
*Star* Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 6:37pm
by Nobody’s Home
Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 7:33pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 10:55pm
by Jim Hall
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you ... · 02-21-22 12:18am
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-21-22 12:14am
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 11:58pm
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-21-22 8:43am
by Nobody’s Home

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3482916