*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3482923
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 20, 2022 at 7:33pm
Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all!
Welcome! Thanks for the tag, Nobody’s Home! This will be brief because I'm forced to be on my phone at the moment. *Pthb*

Anyway, yes, definitely follow the content rating system she mentioned! And you can consider creating a warning at the top of your item, before folks read the main part, if you want to ensure judgemental folks will stay away. You can easily do that, yet keep it looking separated from the main story by putting the warning in light gray. At the top of most places you can type here, you will see a bunch of buttons. Click the rainbow lines next to the abc that have a line through them. It opens the color options for fonts. You can either click on the page, then click light gray and squeeze your curser between the two sets of braces or, my preference, write what I want, then highlight it and click the light gray color. When you are done with your whole item, I encourage you to preview it to ensure it looks like you expect, especially until you get the hang of the ML code. *Wink*

To improve, we have a thing called WdC University. It's run by Jim Hall. He has a variety of classes that can help you improve your writing. Though they only run at certain times. Definitely keep your eye on the Community Newsfeed, not just your Personal Newsfeed, which is the default when you click Newsfeed. The Community Newsfeed shows you so much more of what is happening on the site. *Wink*

Again, welcome!!

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

Fill Your Paper with Breathings of Your Heart--William Wordsworth
MESSAGE THREAD
Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-16-22 8:53pm
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 6:04pm
by 🌸 pwheeler love, joy, peace
Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 11:46pm
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 6:37pm
by Nobody’s Home
*Star* Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 7:33pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 10:55pm
by Jim Hall
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you ... · 02-21-22 12:18am
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-21-22 12:14am
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-20-22 11:58pm
by Chad Firepaws
Re: Re: Re: Hello! I'm new, and I'd love to meet you all! · 02-21-22 8:43am
by Nobody’s Home

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3482923