*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3585802
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 11, 2023 at 11:56pm
Newbie :)
Hi, I am 23 years old, and I have been writing since I was about 15. It’s been an on and off kind of thing, I have started books, and never finished them, I have written hundreds of poems. Most of them getting lost in the black hole of “this writing sucks”. I am over-critical for my own writing, and I know I am not the only one.

My goal, is to get better at writing, learn more words, meanings, and get better at putting my emotions onto paper. A long term goal of mine is to finish a novel, and at least get published. I love to create pieces that will capture the essence of what I am conveying feels like. To make the reader understand my emotions, feelings.

A lot of my pieces have been sad, because that’s when I feel the most emotion, I use writing as a coping skill to get through some days, and sometimes it’s journaling, and other times I am escaping my own life, playing in my mind and trying to create a fantasy life for myself.

I have always loved reading, since I was a little girl, reading was my escape from reality, I lived a different life through Bella Swan, Thomas from the maze runner, Harry Potter, Beatrice Prior, and many other main characters throughout young adult fiction. But I also like reading poetry, something that makes me feel like my emotions are being heard from someone else. That I am not alone in some of the deep, dark feelings, the ones no one really wants to feel. Or the happy feelings, like the cloud nine of being in love, or the exhilarating feeling of doing something dangerous.

To wrap this up, I am a poet by nature, I am a pessimist, unlucky, and most of my writing will be dark and twisted. I use writing to cope with some of my worst thoughts. If I write about something that seems like it should be something to worry about, likely, it’s not, and if I’m writing I AM coping. Thank you :)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Newbie :) · 09-11-23 11:56pm
by Cigflowers
Re: Newbie :) · 09-12-23 9:10am
by Dave

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3585802