*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3606487
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 6, 2023 at 1:57pm
Sortable Copy/Paste Fans List
While I love the idea of the copy/paste list on my fans page, the problem with it is that it includes ALL my fans, when not all my fans are still around. Especially when I'm sending out MBs, I don't want to send MBs to people who haven't been here in years. *Wink* I haven't updated my list lately (I only try to once or twice a year because it's a PITA), but my last record has 54 of my fans having been gone for a fairly significant period. Not sure, but I probably moved them down to my "do not send" list if they'd been gone a year, but maybe 6 months. No telling.

Anyway, I'd love to have that copy/paste list sortable by members who have logged on in the last year, last 6 months, last 3 months and maybe last 30 days. I never really do anything with the last 30 days, but while you're messing with it, you know... *Wink* But for MBs, it's common for me to only send them to people who have been here the last 3 or maybe (if I'm feeling generous) 6 months. I just sent 1k GPs to everyone on another list of mine that had logged on in the last year. I just sorted that list again and out of 149, 26 haven't logged on in the last year. (Yes, I go through the "do not send" people to also check to see if they need to be moved up and yes, I check even the unbold ones because sometimes they're active, so you see it's a real PITA.) Granted, it's a different list ("The Contest Challenge participants), but still, you see my point. *Smile* If I could sort my fans who are active vs. those not active so I could send goodies only to the active fans, that would be SUPER helpful! *Delight*

I do love that you took the initiative to create that copy/paste list, through! *Inlove2* It's a great idea, I just need it refined a bit. Yep, I'm asking you to do more work after you did work as a gift. *Blush* *Yikes* *Facepalm* *Angelic* *Bigsmile*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Sortable Copy/Paste Fans List · 12-06-23 1:57pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Sortable Copy/Paste Fans List · 12-06-23 7:45pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Sortable Copy/Paste Fans List · 12-17-23 1:51pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Sortable Copy/Paste Fans List · 12-19-23 10:29am
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3606487