*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3663706
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(110)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 8, 2024 at 7:49am
Goals: Surviving Summer Chaos (2024.07.08)
by Tobber
Just had a week of vacation, which was nice but also very unproductive in terms of writing and resulted in way too little sleep (partly due to board games being played, but mostly because of the kids). And now it's back to work, which is, mildly put, chaotic at the moment.

So, yeah, this is going to be one of those goals/updates which is mostly about surviving and slowly getting back into gear. That also means there will be more practical stuff and stuff not related to or only slightly related to writing on the list.

*Box* Write/outline/edit every day: Same first priority as always. I need to keep a good habit going.

*Box* Book birthday present for my wife: I'm planning a getaway (which we both need), but I need to make it all come together with our vacation plans and babysitting options, so it's into quite the task, and the deadline isn't that far away.

*Box* Do voice exercises: I didn't around to doing those during our vacation, but it's such a simple task once I get started. I really hope I can get this done once a day.

*Box* Do a review: I took a break from the novella I was currently reviewing through the WYRM group. But I really enjoyed it so far and want to get back into reading and reviewing it right away.

That's it. There are no specific story goals this week other than keep writing. I have a couple of stories in need of editing and a WiP first draft. I don't think I'll be able to finalize any of those during the week, though, and work seems like it might throw more than gravel into my writing machinery, so we'll see what is possible once the week ends.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Goals: Surviving Summer Chaos (2024.07.08) · 07-08-24 7:49am
by Tobber

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3663706