*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3685058
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Log an assignment before 10/4.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 2, 2024 at 9:40am
Edited: October 2, 2024 at 9:43am
Re: question
Sharmelle asked a similar question. Check her thread for my response there, in case some of the What Ifs I posted for her would also work for you because I'm going to try to create a new list for you, so I'll likely miss some ideas I posted for her. Of course, not all I posted for her will work for you, but still, some might or they might spawn ideas for your book. This is the link to what I said to her. "Re: I need help please..."  

What if I had an index?
What if I had a character I use throughout the book to illustrate things for the reader?
What if I gave examples from my own game play?
What if I give examples from YouTubers (with permission) and post links to the video I'm referencing?
What if I do the idea above and have interactive links in my ebook so folks can go directly to that video?
What if I go to the game's website and see what their FAQs are that I might want to rewrite and include in the handbook?
What if I go to Reddit and other places I find with Google where people are asking questions about how to play and I answer those questions in my book?
What if when the book is done and published, I go around the internet answering questions and telling folks to learn more by buying my book?
What if I go to the library and look at how other gaming handbooks are written for ideas of what to include in mine and how to structure it?
What if I get on their Discord, Reddit, etc. and tell folks I'm writing this handbook and ask what they want to know and what they want included?
What if I do the above thing and ask people what their favorite handbook for a game is so I can model mine after that one?
What if I have specific identifiers for things throughout the book like Warning, Important, Note, etc. so folks pay attention to this part because they see the skull and crossbones or the box around part or whatever?
What if I have exercises for people to do in the game to practice skills I'm teaching?
What if I end each section with a list of tips and tricks?

I hope some of these ideas help you! Good luck!

Home of the Free Because of the Brave Signature
MESSAGE THREAD
question · 10-01-24 2:42am
by PennyWriter
Re: question · 10-01-24 3:22am
by Fearlycia Lee ā˜®
Re: Re: question · 10-01-24 3:23am
by PennyWriter
Re: Re: Re: question · 10-01-24 3:25am
by Fearlycia Lee ā˜®
Re: Re: Re: Re: question · 10-01-24 3:26am
by PennyWriter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question · 10-01-24 3:43am
by severed head
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question · 10-01-24 4:03am
by PennyWriter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question · 10-01-24 9:16am
by BattywynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: question · 10-01-24 9:14am
by BattywynšŸŽ¶
Re: question · 10-01-24 7:34pm
by Anders J. Skeleton
Re: Re: question · 10-02-24 8:00am
by BattywynšŸŽ¶
*Star* Re: question · 10-02-24 9:40am
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: question · 10-02-24 9:48am
by Fearlycia Lee ā˜®

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BattywynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3685058