*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Hospital Staff Secrets
  2. Intel
  3. Pre-Briefing
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1004572-Small-Spies/cid/293486-Hospital-Staff-Secrets
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Detective · #1004572
007-style superspy action... on a different scale.
This choice: A Hospital  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Hospital Staff Secrets

    by: Unknown
"A hospital?" you echo.

"Yes, a hospital, Mr. Sterling," Control confirms. "Surveillance and Communications have given us a who, a where, and a when. We already have the how. And the reason why, Agent Sterling? Because you are the best there is." He nods, giving one eye to Miss Hensley, "Only you can make this mission a success."

You gesture for him to continue, "What are the details?"

Control stands from his chair, and paces behind his desk. "We have information which proves that a nurse at the hospital is an inside agent of this disreputable organization we must infiltrate. She is quite possibly a top level operative in their evil administration."

"Aren't you being a bit dramatic?" you inquire. Miss Hensley stifles a giggle behind you.

"Sterling, this is our best chance to get inside quietly and get what we need to topple this monster," Control slaps his hands on desktop. "There is no time for drama!" His eyes go once again to the young Miss Hensley over your shoulder. "Are you ready? For us to succeed we must begin immediately." You agree and stand, carefully adjusting your suit to proper order. "Good, come here. Follow me."

You walk around his desk, a mere six or seven steps only to stop again at what was always thought to be the closet door. Control graciously opens the door to the majestic wonder that is but an ordinary closet! A secret door inside perhaps, or possibly a hidden safe, even an invisible safe, but this plain, near empty rectangle in space cannot hold the secret to this mission!

Control reaches in and takes out a deep blue tie, dull but not without charm, "Wear this." You hesitate, skepticism knotting your throat and eyebrows, but eventually give in to curiosity, swapping ties. Control motions for Miss Hensley to join you both. As you slide the tie securely around your collar, Control grins, "Good, good Mr. Sterling."

"It looks nice?" you ask Control, exciting another quiet laugh from your feminine guest. "So this is the device. A plain and ordinary tie. Simple and clean. How does it work? I have to say, this is even now the most bizarre mission you have ever assigned me."

"I never assigned any mission to you Sterling." Control mumbles with a smile, "you took this upon yourself." You roll your eyes at his jest, then he explains more. "Alright. You need to know this Sterling, and remember it! If you have one fault, it's that you always forget the little details at the worst moments!" Enough lecturing, you press him to finish the briefing. "As long as the tie is around your neck, two swift tugs on it will activate the device to shrink you."

"Two tugs to shrink," you repeat, then smiling, "I still cannot believe I am doing this."

"And when you're that one inch tall agent, Agent Sterling, the same two tugs will restore you to normal. I hope you can remember that Sterling." Control takes his place of honor in his high-backed chair and concludes, "Now you and Miss Hensley should be off to complete this phase of the mission. You will receive a package on your way out with other pertinent information you will need."

You and Miss Hensley kindly lock elbows and elegantly leave Control's office.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1004572-Small-Spies/cid/293486-Hospital-Staff-Secrets