*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1026315-Johns-Fantastic-Voyages/cid/623027-I-forget-what-those-bandit-things-were-called
by sith
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1026315
A size-changing interactive of epic proportions
This choice: Suddenly, the both of you get ambushed!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

I forget what those bandit things were called...

    by: Unknown
Mario lept and trotted his way up the beaten path towards the mushroom kingdom. While he was conducting these seemingly acrobatic movements, you tried not to get air sick.
"Er, Mario..." you spoke to your iconic escort. "You think you could run a little easier here? I'm starting to get a little nausious."
"Okey-dokey!" he yelped and started runing a little slower.
"And another thing, could you cut it with the screaming? I think my head's going to explode..."
"Oh, sorry. Sometimes I get a bit rambunctious and I can't hold it in- WOO HOO!" Mario shouted again.

As Mario got closer to the castle town, a faint scent of burning and smoke could be dectected in the air.
"Hey what's that smell?" you and Mario say together. Up on the horizon, was the mushroom castle and the small town around it. But lingering up above it were billowing ominous clouds of smoke. The mushroom kingdom was under attack!
"Oh my gosh!" Mario exclaimed. "Princess!!"
Looking to the east of the castle town just off the harbor was a large clipper ship calmly floating in the water with it's guns blairing into the open structures- presumebly a pirate ship. It didn't appear to be moving much, but the vessel was actually making it's way into the harbor to dock and infiltrate the tip of the penninsula where the castle was perched.

(The princess has so many castles -or so many different versions of the same one- that I figure that this time for the story to go it could be on the sea side, so ha!... What... she DID have a castle next to the sea?... Shutup!)

Mario then broke into a sprint towards the castle town and you surpressed your vomit.

There was much chaos in the castle town when Mario arrived. Toads were being chaised out from their houses and shops by small, bandana wearing creatures not too different than goombas, but were weilding little spears carrying their spoils on their backs, and were not shaped like mushrooms. This wasn't so much an attack as it was some major looting spree. It was a pirate attack.

After rescuing a few townspeople, Mario made his way to the dock where the large ship had come in. At looking from the bow of the ship you could see that there was some large noticable writing on it's side, but you couldin't make out what it said.
"Hey!" said a voice "Hey Stabby! We missed one!"
A few of these 'wee bandits' approached from Mario's left and right. And several more from the ship jumped down onto the dock.
"Alright pal..." said one "we don't want to hurt you... well, actually we do, it's sort of our thing. But give us whatever money or cool shiney things you have, and we'll make short work of ya." they all began to aim their spears.
"Looks like trouble..." Mario said as he took you off from his shoulder "you wait here, I'll be right back!" he placed you on the planks (not having anywhere safer to put you) and then literaly lept into action.

Mario jumped in between two of the bandits, and disarmed one of them and kicked his rear foe into the water. Mario then hit the disarmed one over the head wih the blunt end of his spear rendering it unconcious.
"HIIEEE- YAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" Mario started spinning around the spear like a flail, smashing his opponents to kingdom come.

"Damn that guy is awesome." you said.

You have the following choice:

1. Enter 'the captain'

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
sith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1026315-Johns-Fantastic-Voyages/cid/623027-I-forget-what-those-bandit-things-were-called