*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Machine Built for Chaos
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1134413-Body-Switching-Machine/cid/360323-A-Machine-Built-for-Chaos
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1134413
You win a body switching machine in a contest. When other people find it what will happen?
Chapter #1

A Machine Built for Chaos

    by: Divine Bandit
Like any other afternoon, you're walking home from school. Up until now, you had a perfectly normal day- so normal, you can't even recall what had happened. It probably wasn't anything important anyways. However, once you come around the corner, you're a little surprised. Usually, that's the moment when you cross your fingers and hope your parents' car isn't sitting in the driveway , so you can have a few hours of alone time. However, instead, there was a big white truck parked there instead. Four men were standing around a large package on the sidewalk, apparently waiting for someone to come home and claim it.
"What's in the box?"

One of the men reaches into the passenger's seat of the truck and pulls out a large manila envelope. The kind that important letters and photographs usually came in to prevent bending.

"That should explain everything," the man said, trying to resist smiling. He seemed awfully excited for a delivery man. "Where would you like us to set it up? We'll be out of here in a jiffy."

"Huh? Set it up?"

"Most people like to put it in the basement, but if you have room in the shed, that's fine too."

"Uhm... Alright, I guess."

The men lift the the nine-foot box with relative ease, and move into the shed and get to work. You open up the envelope and take a look at the letter inside.


"Dear Kyle,
After months of careful observation, we have concluded that you're the perfect participant for testing the latest version of our brand new product- the Mind Transfer Device. This machine is specially designed to extract the memories and consciousness of two people- "The Souls," and redistribute them into each others bodies. This phenomenon is called body switching, or "Body Swap." Use the machine at your own discretion in whichever way you see fit. Enclosed is a manual on advanced usage and care for the machine.

We only ask three things of you while using the Mind Transfer Device:
(1) Use the machine responsibly. It is ill-advised that you attempt to swindle unknowing participants or decide to take permanent residence in your new body. While we will not prevent you from doing so, you should keep in mind that you are a beta tester. Glitches might materialize as lethal side-effects.
(2) Keep both the machine and your participation in this project as secret as possible. Only those who test the machine alongside you should be informed of its function and existence, and you should only test it with people who can be trusted. This will be enforced. Recklessness will be punished with repossession of the machine, and more, depending on the severity of the information leaks.
(3) NEVER attempt to disassemble the machine yourself. Should repair be required, our specialist's number is included in the manual. You are only borrowing this product, we still own it, and if you intentionally destroy our property, we will use all of the power at our disposal to make you suffer.

We will be watching.
Sincerely,
Ye Olde Body Shoppe"

"Ooooookay... Weird." you say.When you look up from the letter, the machine has been set up in the shed, and the workers are already gone. They sure did do that in a jiffy! You take the manual out of the envelope, and go inside to take a look at it. You read over the entire thing, and finally decide that this is really happening, or someone had a lot of spare time to set up this whole situation, and write out a convincing manual just for a prank. You decide, prank or not, this is simply too good to pass up. You need to take it for a test run- but who should go first?

You have the following choices:

1. You

2. Your mom

3. Your Sister

4. Little Brother

5. An animal

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Divine Bandit (UN: mid-knight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Divine Bandit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1134413-Body-Switching-Machine/cid/360323-A-Machine-Built-for-Chaos