*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Fae Plans
  2. A Dark Dawn Blooms
  3. Pick a Character
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1138776-The-Swords-Edge/cid/338578-Fae-Plans
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1138776
When a country must be won and lost by the song and gleam of the sword...
This choice: Agree to talk to the Fae  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Fae Plans

    by: Wenston
"The Fae would be a strong alliance to have," Aeric agreed. "But allegiance with the Fae is not easily created. Even if they understand the stakes of this war and know which outcome they prefer, the Fae have long since made it clear they wish to stay out of the affairs of mortals. It will be near impossible to change them of their ways now."

Kian nodded and sunk a little in his seat. Aeric raised his chin up a little, knowing how much this coming war would take its toll on his friend. Kian was not a fighter, that was clear. He was a peacemaker, he was a simple man, and he was a lover. His upbringing had made him that way. He was born out of wedlock and therefore none had rightfully seen Kian as the king's son.

"There must be something we can offer them," Kian tried again, his voice quiet. Aeric smiled warmly at the man, knowing that Kian still had the ideals of a child. He simply could not believe that anyone could turn down someone who was truly in need. That's what Aeric loved about him. It had been what first attracted Aeric to Kian's friendship.

"There is not much the Fae want that they don't have," Aeric said simply and before Kian could get discouraged again, he added, "But perhaps we could send a party to the Fae Queen to negotiate an alliance."

Kian perked up at that and nodded. "Perhaps I should go," Kian said. "It would show them great respect if I showed up in person asking for their favor. And I've never seen the land of the Fae before..."

Aeric shook his head. "I do not think that is a good idea," he said. "You are needed here."

Kian's shoulders dropped and he nodded again. "Then I will need someone I can trust to go in my place." He looked up at Aeric. "I don't suppose you are up for the task?"

You have the following choices:

1. Aeric agrees to go meet with the Fae Queen.

*Noteb*
2. Aeric tells Kian he is needed here to help prepare troops.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Wenston (UN: wenston at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Professor Q has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1138776-The-Swords-Edge/cid/338578-Fae-Plans