*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Not How Anyone Ever Want to Wake Up
  2. It begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1176273-An-Authors-Journey/cid/358398-Not-How-Anyone-Ever-Want-to-Wake-Up
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #1176273
Your a Writing.com author and when one day you get a strange visitor
This choice: 1:30 pm Sunday  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Not How Anyone Ever Want to Wake Up

    by: Sage
"Well now, that was a nice little nap," you comment to yourself as you roll out of bed. You'd rarely been allowed to sleep this long before, your parents always insistent that you were out of bed sometime before ten o'clock in the morning no matter what day of the week it was, but obviously something had gone wrong today, otherwise you would have woken up to your mother yelling at you about being a lazy good for nothing, then apologizing and saying she didn't mean it and promising to make you your favorite breakfast.

Smiling at those memories you yawn as you get out of bed, and start as, for the first time, you realize you're not alone. In one corner of your room there stands a figure, still as stone, and wearing a robe that seems to blend into the surroundings, especially thanks to his immobility. Looking closer you find that the man is barely breathing, his chest, which you had noted lacked the proper accessories to be a female's, was rising only every other moment, and falling less than that. For a few minutes you sit there, thinking the man might be dead or something, but then all at once he stirs, and the hood of his robe falls back to reveal a face that wouldn't have looked out of place in a highschool, though he wore the look of someone a bit older than that.

"So, finally up are you? That's quite a snore you've got on you boy," comments the man with a laugh as he starts to walk closer to you, and you instinctively pull back, not about to trust some stranger that just suddenly appeared in your room before you awoke, probably having done something to your mother and father already. Yet if he'd done that why had he let you sleep all this time? He could have taken you out at any moment he chose.

"Actually no I couldn't have. You're powers, like my own, are instinctive. You would have defended yourself even more powerfully than if you knew how to use your powers, really, because you wouldn't have been holding anything back in anticipation of my next blow," he explains to your unasked question, and you gasp at him, looking for something that appears to mark him as a mind reader, but seeing only a human man, with nothing special about him.

"Now that's just rude. I'm plenty special. If I weren't would I be able to read the narration?" he commented cryptically, and then shook his head.

"Listen my friend. I know none of this makes since yet, but if you'll trust me I can explain everything about this. Oh, and just so you know, I didn't do anything to your parents. Your powers awakened last night, and well, you sort of unwrote their reality. Don't worry though, it was an unskilled and crass technique at best. By the time we're done they'll be back safe and sound, and completely oblivious to what's going on," said the man, and then smiled at you, reaching out his hand.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Sage (UN: star_sage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Master has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1176273-An-Authors-Journey/cid/358398-Not-How-Anyone-Ever-Want-to-Wake-Up