*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1363002-The-Fattest-Town/cid/476500-So-Much-to-Eat
Rated: E · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1363002
Your a reporter investigating South Barkalow, a town with a 98% obesity rate.
This choice: 1  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

So Much to Eat!

    by: boywithpen
The menu was huge novel compared to the ones people normally see at “conventional” restaurants. The beverage section alone encompassed three back to back pages. Needless to say most, if not all, of the drinks seemed to have a high calorie count to them. The most numerous and varied drinks on the menu were milkshakes and other high-calorie concoctions. The drinks were reasonably priced but it didn’t matter, Lisa’s entire trip was being paid for by the company and so all of her expenses, including food, was going to be charged on their credits cards, not hers.

“Just a banana milkshake for now.” Lisa replied.

“How much whipped cream would you like? Extra or double extra?” Sally dutifully asked, it was probably second nature for her.

Lisa laughed a little to herself. “I guess just extra.” Lisa replied with a smile. “Can I have a few more minutes to run by my order? I haven’t decided yet.”

Sally wrote down the order, “Of course dear, might I suggest our Filler Special, it’s on the 7th page, have a look!” Sally advised as she tucked away her pencil and walked back to the kitchen.

While flipping through the menu’s pages she pulled out her glasses and stumbled on page 7. To her surprise The Filler Special took up the entirety of page seven! The whole page was covered in choices of toast, drink, syrup and other things. The Special consisted of 15 buttermilk pancakes, a loaf of French toast, a five egg omelet with your choice of cheese and filling. And with that mega-meal came complimentary sausage, potatoes, and hash browns. “Oh my goodness!” Lisa thought as she read the list again. “How can anyone eat all of this? There is just so much food! It’s impossible!” Lisa thought.

The colorful pictures of the meal seemed to come to life and dance around, taunting Lisa’s reluctant attitude. “Try me! Eat me!” The voices chimed, Lisa though, ignored her hunger and she refocused on her journalism.

She pulled out her journalism notebook and jotted down another name. So far in her notebook were a list people she wanted to interview, so far she had written:

• The Mayor
• Thin Residences
• Tourists
• More fat Residences
And now she proceeded to add another important name, “Someone who has eaten an entire Filler Special”.

The meal Lisa ultimately ordered was a simple but hearty plate of silver dollar pancakes and two eggs on the side with buttered toast. For her it was defiantly a lot of food but when you’re getting your picture taken you might as well smile, and although she didn’t finish her plate completely she felt much more than satisfied.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 boywithpen (UN: boywithpen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
boywithpen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1363002-The-Fattest-Town/cid/476500-So-Much-to-Eat