*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Dante
  2. Characters
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1399963-The-Power-of-Fruit/cid/514617-Dante
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1399963
You eat a piece of magical fruit that grants you powers you never imagined.
This choice: Dante  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Dante

    by: Divine Bandit
"This way, Dante. Hurry!" Eduard calls to you. "We're almost out." You quickly move through the corridor, not making a sound. The smell of gruel becomes weaker and weaker. You may never have to smell that foul smell again.

When the moonlight finally illuminates your eyes, you fill with joy. However, you're not outside yet. You've only managed to make it to the glass greenhouse on top of the castle. It belongs to the King's on call alchemist, Fevroir. "We shouldn't be here..." you say.

"Why not?" says a voice from behind you. Both you and Eduard freeze. You knew that voice too well. Fevroir. "I'm not going to report the escaped prisoners. That would take away my two latest test subjects, wouldn't it?" You're being blackmailed. Do as he says, or it's back to your cell. Maybe even execution.

Fevroir points to a desk across the greenhouse. On shelves behind it, dozens of black fruits are lined up in small glass cases. Protected from outside harm, as they rest on mahogany pedestals. "Each of you, eat one. Then you may go."

"That's all?" Eduard asks, doubting Fevroir would waste this opportunity with something so... simple.

"Yes. I ask that you rendezvous with myself at a later date so I can see the effects, but that is all for now."

You and Eduard exchange nervous glances. It wouldn't make sense to go through all the effort just to poison them, and he said he wanted to see the "effects" later... (Whatever those might be) You decide it's worth it, and approach the table.

Each fruit is in a glass display case, and there's a tag naming the fruit. Which will you eat?

You have the following choices:

1. "Dragon"

*Noteb*
2. "Strength"

*Noteb*
3. "Wind"

*Noteb*
4. "Swap"

5. Keep Looking

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Divine Bandit (UN: mid-knight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Divine Bandit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1399963-The-Power-of-Fruit/cid/514617-Dante