*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Sofie
  2. Beggining
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1427956-Shrunken-with-her/cid/N2GBYFLHT-Sofie
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1427956
You are shrunken by a girl who has acquired a shrink ray gun.
This choice: Sofie  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Sofie

    by: NVR
You decided to go to Sofie's house, knowing that you were supposed to be there later to work with Emma on that biology project. It wasn't your original plan but the weather was absolutely brutal today, so you decided it wouldn't hurt to hang out a bit with the twin that you actually tolerated and have something cool to drink while you waited.

"Jason? I thought you were going to work with my sis later.. are you ok?" Sofie greeted you, noticing that you were sweating a bit too much and your face was probably red already from the sun

"Hi Sofie, what's up? yeah I was planning to do something else but.. it's way hotter than I expected outside. Could I hang out here in the meantime?"

"Sure, come in. Want some lemonade?"

"God please, thank you, you're a lifesaver" You smiled gratefully and Sofie blushed a little before going to the kitchen for that precious lemonade.

"Whoa, you were thirsty"

"I definitely was! I knew it was going to be a sunny day but I wasn't prepared for this!"

"Yeah, the news said something about the start of a heat wave, maybe it's already happening?"

"Well I hope it doesn't last, we still have to go to school for another 2 weeks!.. By the way, where's she"

"Emma? She went to the mall with my mom, should be here in around an hour"

"Right, I was supposed to be here until 2:00 pm.. you sure it's not a problem?"

"Of course it isn't Jason, don't worry.. although Emma might get mad at you" Sofie chuckled

"That would be a surprise!" Jason laughed "I still don't get why one twin is so cool and the other just.. fights with me for everything"

"Hehe, maybe if we were project partners at school I would also get like that.. you never know" Sofie shrugged, wanting to defend her sister but not exactly contradicting you. In fact she has tried to make a case for you to Emma but her sister apparently just couldn't stand you

"Any ideas to win her over? I feel if she sees me here early she is going to get mad"

"At this point I don't know what is it about you that gets under her skin so much, so I I don't have any.. sorry Jason."

You sighed "Yeah, it's like she just loves fighting with me or something"

"Um.. how's the project going then?" Sofie asked

"We fought about the idea and I ended giving up to her to demonstrate some chemical reactions and stuff, but now she is telling me she is doing all the work and that I'm being useless, I was hoping today I could at least know what can I help with" You ranted

"Why don't you check out what she has done in her room? She showed me a bit of it yesterday and everything is on her desk so you don't need to touch anything else. That way you can be prepared" Sofie offered

"You think that would help? I feel she would get mad at me for invading her privacy"

"Um.. I don't have any other ideas, I guess you would have to take the risk, sorry"

"Hey, it's not your fault, stop apologizing. Thank you again"

"I just want my sister to stop bickering with my friend" Sofie giggled "Let me go get my phone then and we can watch TV here for a bit"

After a bit you reconsidered the idea, concluding that it would take a while for Emma to get back home and that she would probably get mad at you either way. You weren't the greatest student but you definitely weren't a leech that was going to let her do all the work, you actually wanted to help.

"Hmm Sofie?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you show me Emma's room then? I feel if she sees me wasting time watching TV she is going to be even more pissed"

"You might be right there.. sure, come with me" Sofie took you to Emma's room, still a bit disorganized but as Sofie said, it had some chemistry equipment on a clear desk along with a couple of books and a notebook.

"Wow. she has done.. more than I expected" you said taking a quick look at the different test tubes with substances you didn't recognize.

"Yeah, the cool thing is she is not using your typical products, an uncle helped her get cooler stuff to get more visible results according to him. You can still look at the notes and maybe plan where to contribute"

"Right.. I still feel like I shouldn't be here, you know" You said looking around. As any other teenager you understood the room was sacred space, and you would be pissed if someone you didn't fully trust was snooping around, even if it was to help with the project he was supposed to help with.

"Just don't touch anything else if you don't want to get her really mad. Tell you what, I'll keep an eye and let you know when she is close so we can just go downstairs and pretend we were there the whole time, deal?"

"That's a great idea! Thank you Sofie, you're a lifesaver again"

"Pfft, just try and see what you can help with. I'll leave you so you can concentrate and come back when Emma and mom are close. See you" Sofie left you alone in front of the desk and you started to check everything, trying to understand the goal of the project and how to help, or at least mitigate the risk of Emma saying she did everything and screwing with your grade.

What happens next?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 NVR (UN: novar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gunsblazin88 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1427956-Shrunken-with-her/cid/N2GBYFLHT-Sofie