*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. I'm not a student!
  2. The Beggining of the End
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1430505-School-full-of-Zombies/cid/556861-Im-not-a-student
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Thriller/Suspense · #1430505
The odd events in a public high school cause a few unfortunates to struggle for dear life.
This choice: I'm not a student!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

I'm not a student!

    by: Coffeepaw
Traffic was surprisingly light on the drive to work that morning as Ben Simons fiddled with the radio between sips of coffee. Another day of teaching senior English at Archwood Public High School, followed by a glorious staff meeting. And by glorious, Ben meant boring, predictable, and altogether pointless. Well, not altogether pointless. There was the free food - snacks and coffee - and the opportunity to flirt with the younger teachers. Aside from that, the meeting was pointless.

Sometimes, Ben wondered why he had left the military to enter the classroom. Then he remembered the dirt, the cold, and the waking up too entirely early. At those times, Ben remembered.

In the three years since leaving the infantry, Ben had only missed the ability to punish disobedient and disrespectful subordinates - like some seniors - in a very forthright manner; you either hit them in the pocket and cut their pay, or you hit them in the face and settled matters then and there.

Now, though, the worst he could do was suspend a kid, and that wasn't even seen as a punishment for the kids who needed punishing. It seemed like for every great kid, there was a shitbag. The shame of it all is that as seniors, even his best and favorite students were slipping up in anticipation of graduation in the spring.

It was nearing the time of year when senior pranks would start happening - toilet papered trees, plastic-wrapped cars, pigs and chickens released in the halls... things that happen at every school every year, yet this year's class had already been bragging of something big and new and shiny. The administration wasn't sure exactly what was up, but they were watching for anything out of the ordinary.

As for Ben, he pulled into the teacher's parking lot and parked his dirty red Jeep Cherokee under the lone tree - a benefit of being early. Moving to the back of the muddy vehicle, he opened the back and shifted a large heavy backpack off of his briefcase.

Briefcase in hand, he closed the door, pressed the autolock button on the keychain, and headed towards the three-story school, whistling an obscure song.

You have the following choices:

1. Go straight to Ben's classroom.

*Noteb*
2. Go to the teacher's lounge.

*Noteb*
3. Go flirt with the new Science teacher.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Coffeepaw (UN: coffeepaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pleesancert Naimere has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1430505-School-full-of-Zombies/cid/556861-Im-not-a-student