*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Greasy Spoon
  2. Gordon Smith, hero
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1436504-Survive-or-Die--Your-choice/cid/541909-Greasy-Spoon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1436504
The end of all life ... is up to you.
This choice: Carlos Renuelas, Quick stop at the greasy spoon, give Peggy Sue a rest  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Greasy Spoon

    by: Pleesancert Naimere
Carlos ... Carlos Renuelas .... the name reminded me of someone, but, I don't think I know him. Who was he? He's a trucker, fella, and that's just what he'll stay as. Been a freelance driver since I got my license those years ago. And through all of them twist and turns, things have turned out alright. Not the best, but life's manageable, and that's all I need. Peggy Sue underneath me, and a big haul in back of her. Just picked up a shipment of Estelle Sugar, and afore I drop it off at its destination some 160 miles away, I want to give Peggy and me a small rest. Heck, may even see that girl inside the diner again. Now, if I could only remember her name...

"Be good to her, Doc." I give a half-grin to that little springy fella who pumps her blood into her. Damn its getting pricey too, but I guess that's what living's all about. Making it through the rough patches to sail on the clear open water. Speaking about drinks, I can't wait to guzzle down a few mugs and maybe order a pie or two, depends on how hungry I am.

Walking inside I see all the regulars, including that perfect little smile that greets me at the door. I look down, sly-like, hope she don't think I'm gazing a gander down at her. Charlotte, damn right. That's the girl's name. Charlotte, honey, I swear to you, we're getting married one day. Can't be the biggest thing, but who needs big. Damn, I really hope she ain't one of those girls who needs big. Economy's slow right now, and besides, a park beats out a ritzy church any old day of the week. Damn, she has a cute little smile, and those sparkling green eyes ain't too bad neither.

"Hey, C.R, how're things going with the business?" She harps like an angel.
"Oh, so so. Got a shipment of sugar going up to Reston City MegaMall."
"Dang, I always loved that place!" I know, I think. I heard her talk about how her and her sister ran away from home and stayed up there for a while. Well, hell, this time there could be some better circumstances. And a hell of a better ending. Should I ask her though? She was on duty, and she wouldn't want to go with a slob like me, now would she? Looking at her again, I can see her eyes glancing around the other fellows in the room. Well, she's a free woman, she's bound to look at others I 'spose. Better just order something quick, and get on with the job.

"Uh, I'll have a heavy chocolate shake, and a ch.... make that three cherry pies."
"Alright, C.R, Three red disks and a dirt sundae coming right up."

At least I'm getting more work than last week, that's always a good thing. But boy does Charlotte look good in that skirt. Too bad she couldn't go...

"Alright Huck, I'm gonna get off for the day, if that's alright?"
"Sure, darling, you've done quite enough for today."
Charlotte walked over to the back, hung up her work clothes, and put on a large dark sweater. She almost always worked later than this, it was odd to see otherwise.

"Hey, Charlotte? You getting off so early?" Carlos asked her.
"Oh yeah, switched my shifts so that I work earlier, and get out earlier. I forgot to tell you about that didn't I, C.R? Sorry." Dang! Things seemed just about perfect now. Could I ask her to come with me? Would it even be a wise thing to do?

"Hey, Charlotte!" I hollered out after her before she walked out the door. She turned her stream of red hair, and gazed straight at me...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. "Would you like to take a ride with me down to the mall?"

*Noteb*
2. "Goodnight ... I'll see you tomorrow."

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Pleesancert Naimere (UN: logicalroger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pleesancert Naimere has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1436504-Survive-or-Die--Your-choice/cid/541909-Greasy-Spoon