*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2086684-A-Kelsey-Out-of-Character
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Talk to Connor about getting Cindy for Caleb  •  Go Back...
Chapter #50

A Kelsey Out of Character

    by: Seuzz
"Caleb's not real happy about having to be Hannah," you blurt out while Connor is blowing on the inside of the mask to dry it. It seems better to get the talk out of the way before he's inside Kelsey's mask and falls under her influence.

"Justin's set to be Eva, so that only leaves Hannah," Connor says. "Unless he wants to be Marc, and that would be kind of icky if he wants to play."

"Could we make another mask? I mean, it would eat up time, I know—" You feel yourself redden under Connor's stare. "But Hannah's not really part of Kelsey's group, and there are lots of girls that we could—"

"Can we talk about this after I've got the mask on?" Connor says. "You wanted me to hurry."

So you relent. At least you got the topic out there.

Connor lays back on the bed. He holds the mask high over his face for a few moments, staring up into it. You look away when you notice the bulge in the front of his slacks.

When you glance back, Kelsey Blankenship—though dressed in Connor's clothes—is lying unconscious on the bed.

You curl up on the floor next to your friend's dangling legs and take out your iPhone. There's a text from Eva, asking if you need to be picked up, and one from Cindy, asking if you're at Kelsey's. That reminds you of the text that is hanging on Kelsey's phone. To Eva you reply no and to Cindy you reply, talking now, txt later.

You were thinking earlier today about getting Caleb into a mask of Cindy, and here's a convenient chance. Kelsey is really close to Amanda Ferguson, so there's another possibility; but Kelsey is close to lots of girls, and when she crooks her finger they usually come running. As long as you're not gunning for Chelsea or one of her friends, you stand a reasonably good chance with Connor's help of getting Caleb his choice.

Oh, but what would his choice be? You text him: if not hannah for u, who? give me list. Then you lean back to wait for someone to make a move.

It's Connor who stirs first, and when the leg by your face twitches, you turn around. Kelsey, her face crinkled in a puzzled expression, has raised her head and is looking back at you. For a moment you're afraid that it really will be Kelsey, that her personality will have overwhelmed Connor's, and that you'll have to wrestle her to get the mask off and restore him. But while you're still processing this horrible fantasy she raises her hand and studies it.

"Jesus Fucking Christ," she says. "Look at me, I'm Kelsey Fucking Blankenship." She lays her head back down and grabs her boobs with both hands.

"You're in a funny set of clothes," you remind her. "Better get changed."

She gasps and sits up sharply. "Fuck me, I get to look at myself naked! Where's the bathroom?"

"There's some mirrors over there." You point. "But the bathroom—"

She grapples excitedly at her polo shirt and pulls it off in a most unladylike way. Her boobs bounce. She sucks in a sharp breath and cradles them and makes kissy-face noises. "Oh, aren't they sweet?" A feverish gleam comes into her eye. "Bathroom. Where's the—?"

"Don't you remember? You're Kelsey Fucking Blankenship."

"No time to remember, I gotta—" You point to a door, and she scrambles for it with oversize shoes clomping awkwardly on her feet. From around its corner you hear clothes falling off and onto the floor. "Oh my God!"

"What's wrong?"

Kelsey's face appears around the edge of the door. She's biting on her hand, but takes it out long to say, "I'm sexy," then vanishes again.

You groan. "You've got all night for that kind of thing, man."

"I've been waiting, like, five years for this, I gotta take it in. Oh! Oh, oh!"

"What's wrong now?"

"Mmmmmm!"

"If you're trying to cum or something—"

"There's no trying," comes her strangled voice. "Oh God, wherever I touch myself I'm, like—"

"So stop touching yourself!"

"Ohhhh!" Then comes a hard sniffle. "I think she must have been horny when you caught her."

"No, you're just—! Wait, hang on a minute." You bounce over to the vanity and retrieve Kelsey's phone and flick over to the other text streams she had going. "Jesus! You do know what she was doing just before I got here, right?"

"No, what?"

"What do you mean, no? You've got her memories, don't you?"

"Hmm?"

"Take a shower! A cold one! Kelsey was sexting Karl just before I got here! They were talking about meeting at the Donna. In fact, I think he's on his way over there now!"

That brings Kelsey, still naked, out of the bathroom. "Let me see." She scrolls through the messages, frowning. While she studies them, your own phone dings with a reply from Caleb: my choice? really?

You cuss under breath at having to juggle two horny guys at once. if u want Hannah, ok, you text back. Want someone else?

"I don't remember any of these," Kelsey says faintly. "But you're right, I think he's on his way over to—" Her voice catches.

You jaw falls open. "You don't remember? There's a band inside that mask! It's got Kelsey's name in it, right?"

"Yeah, but it takes time to get into one of these things, you know?"

"No, I don't know, Connor. For me, it's like instantaneous."

"It is?" She looks incredulous. "Justin and me, when we get into them, it takes like an hour to even start getting memories and shit. I didn't even start to feel comfortable inside Justin's mask until, like, a day had gone by, and by that time—"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" You seize this girl—this girl who looks like Kelsey Blankenship but has an uncharacteristic look of befuddlement on her face—by the shoulders and shakes her. "You were planning to impersonate Kelsey Blankenship in front of her family and friends, and you weren't even going to be good at it until tomorrow?"

She frowns. It's not as convincing as Kelsey's usual scowl, but it's a little more in character for her. But then she speaks. "I was just going to stay in for the night, Will. I mean, how much trouble could I get into if—"

You grab up the phone. "How many messages has she got?" You look through the list. Just since school got out there are texts from Cindy and Karl (a dozen of them), Amanda Ferguson, Brooke Galloway, Lisa Yarborough, Anthony Kirk, Geoff Mansfield, Rachel Burton— You toss the phone away.

"Jesus, Kelsey was basically on her way to meet Karl when I showed up. No wonder she was so pissy when Cindy texted her. Oh, and that's another thing, she's in the middle of a conversation with Cindy Vredenburg. Also, I'm talking to Caleb about whether he can get a mask of a different girl, and—"

"Chill out, Will," Kelsey says. "So I'll turn off my phone. It doesn't matter. We were just going to hang out here all night and—" She grins impishly and brushes the side of your head. "Why should I care about Karl when I've got you?"

You groan and turn away. She's right, probably. So "Kelsey" lets everyone go hang by their thumbs. Kelsey's going to come back with a huge blank spot anyway.

But it bothers you, having these loose ends dangling, especially when you know that if you were inside Kelsey's mask—

If you were playing Kelsey Blankenship—

But Connor has clearly been lusting for this moment since he realized it was possible, so there's no use suggesting that you take over as Kelsey from him.

Then Connor gives you an opening. "I know what you're thinking, Will, but I'm not going to—" She shudders. "Meet Karl at the Donna just so you can get those photos. We'll do it later, set up a scene with that mask of Karl—"

"What if I do it?" you blurt out. "Yeah," you continue, even though you're regretting your words almost as soon as they tumble out. "I'll go meet Karl at the Donna, and you go along and take pictures. Hide out in one of the other rooms and take pictures through the curtains."

"We don't need to do that, Will. We can set up a scene tomorrow—"

"It'll be hours until we're ready to have a party. Justin won't show up until eleven-thirty or later, and I— Jessica is set up to stay out all night. You can't wait three more hours? Also, I told you that Caleb doesn't want to be Hannah. He can use those hours to make another mask and we can get another girl for him."

Kelsey drops onto the bed with a deep sigh. "You're turning this into work! It's supposed to be fun!"

"Just a few more hours of work. You'll get bored being Kelsey before Justin even shows up."

"Doubtful," she says, and hugs herself. Her breath slithers in and out through her teeth.

"Is there anything I can say to get you to change your mind?"

"You really want to be Kelsey, don't you?"

"No, not particularly. I'm just thinking how we can get some business done before—"

"I don't mind someone else being Kelsey, at least for a little while," she says, and a smile spreads onto her face. You don't like it. It's not so different from a real Kelsey smile: loaded with trouble. "And I'll let you be Kelsey until Justin comes if you do me a favor."

Oh God. You don't even need to ask what it is.

"Let me fuck her. As myself."

Is it really worth that price, just so you can—

Well, what benefits would you get from it, exactly?

You have the following choices:

1. Accept Connor's offer so you can get those pictures

*Noteb*
2. It's not worth it. Keep things as they are.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2086684-A-Kelsey-Out-of-Character