*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2442417-Musical-Mayhem
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: You want to be musically talented  •  Go Back...
Chapter #32

Musical Mayhem?

    by: Seuzz
You have never been much interested in music, except for the usual pop songs, and even then you don't pay close attention to anything except the beat.

Even Yumi isn't much for music. Yes, she plays the viola in the Westside orchestra, and though that means she is pretty good, she understands that she is only mechanically competent. Playing the viola is just one of those things that her parents made her do because it was supposed to be good for her, not because they or anyone else thought she had any love or talent for it.

Just like Calculus

But as you scroll through x2z, following a couple of hash tags, there creeps over you a certain curiosity about what it must be like to be musical. As in, really musical. Do people who have real musical talent feel any different from those who don't?

You started down that thread by following a sub-stream about the upcoming cheerleader tryouts. Lots of girls, especially juniors, are saying they are going to try out. Among those that catch your eye is Paris Morrow, one of the Morrow twins that Chelsea pointed out to you as being likely candidates -- for the squad and also for a "second face."

Well, now you can have both a second and a third face; and with one set twins -- the Garners -- off the squad it piques your sense of irony that another pair might step in, if you took both Morrow girls as faces.

You know Peyton, the other one, from orchestra. She plays the viola too, and is better than you, which is what got you thinking vaguely about musical talent. Paris also has some musical talent, apparently: she plays the bass guitar in the school's Jazz Band.

And one thought will lead to another. In this case it inevitably splits into two related thoughts.

One: Jazz Bands are just snooty, official versions of garage bands, like the ones that play at the Warehouse. There's some grungy but attractive people that play in such local bands, and you wonder what it would be like to be in that kind of band and get that kind of attention.

Two: The really serious musicians are in the orchestra, and there are some really good ones. Preston Spinks, who shows up every once in a while to play keyboards when the orchestra is doing a piano concerto, has actually competed in and won at least one national piano championship. Nathan Cruz, the first chair violinist is also very talented, though kind of an insufferable snot. Even David Kirkham, who plays first cello in the school's more exclusive Chamber Orchestra, is taking lessons at the college level. There's some cute and talented girls coming up from the sophomore and freshman levels as well.

After thinking things through, you decide you'd really like to experiment with being—

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Paris and Peyton Morrow

2. Someone in a popular band

3. Someone in the orchestra

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2442417-Musical-Mayhem