*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. To study or not to study...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519080-Hitchhikers-GuideBecome-a-Space-Ranger/cid/637273-To-study-or-not-to-study
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1519080
Interactive satisfaction guarenteed. Be Monti for a while, you won't be disappointed.
Chapter #1

To study or not to study...

    by: AverageJack
You are Chuck Montizuma (your friends call you Monti…well your one friend anyway), space-cadet and student of the Interstellar Space Academy. You are studying for your final exam, which will be a six hour theory paper followed by a four hour physical exam. Ten out of every thousand students pass the exam to become Space Rangers…the rest become space genitors…at the moment you are not too positive about your prospects.

Returning your thoughts to the three terra-bytes of work that you still have to go through, you hear star fleet Admiral Maximus Potentius talking to one of his subordinates outside your door. “If we don’t recover the Star Nexus, it will be our end. We need a hero for this, but we cannot find our number one Space Ranger, Sam Sloane.”

“Missing in action sir”, the subordinate asks. “No. A month ago, for his bachelors his buddies dumped his intoxicated body into a crate and mailed him to the outer rim…we’ve not been able to find him since.”

“I heard a rumour the Star Nexus was stolen by the Gobz-Natz and is being held in the dark marshes of Doomsdunder”, his subordinate says. Quickly checking your books you see that Doomsdunder is a dark and dangerous planet. The Gobz-Natz is an evil breed of alien, with a particular disliking of humans…except when it comes to human flesh which they will gladly prepare in any variety of ways as per their “Universal Cookbook for Humans and all other Inferior Creatures”.

Before you can hear anything else, a passer-by scares them away. Your mind races at the speed of light. If you recover the Star Nexus (whatever that is), they will instantly make you a Space Ranger. You figure that your odds are much better of becoming a Space Ranger by braving the Gobz-Natz, than by passing the exam. You realize you could sneak into the launch-deck and highjack a transporter, but where will you go?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 AverageJack (UN: averagejack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AverageJack has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519080-Hitchhikers-GuideBecome-a-Space-Ranger/cid/637273-To-study-or-not-to-study